Clinger's Tatto

chrispopovic

Feb 28, 2004
It took me days to find the picture of Clinger's tattoo but here it is, before and after. My wife thinks he was pretty good looking but doesn't care for the new look. I don't think anyone can argue that he's got stones. I personally don't think that he should have been fired, but I don't run the team. What's your opinion?

I don't believe that the team should have fired him on that basis. I would hope that most teams would make their decisions based purely on speed, barring, of course, criminal considerations.

I could see, however, firing him if his tattoo repelled other members of the team, alienating them to the point that the entire team started to suffer. I suspect, however, that this had little to do with teammates or coaches, and more to do with sponsors.

He is entitled to his right to free speech like everyone else. However, his sponsors are not obligated to keep him on if they do not support his statements or actions. Just as if I got a big facial tattoo I wouldn't expect my employer to necessarily keep me on either.

He looks like an idiot with that facial tattoo and it was a bad choice, but there's no accounting for taste! :confused:

Teams are going to have a certain look, in mind. He definitely is not going to be THAT look anymore. :D

Maybe Bubba's Tatoo Parlor will sponsor him now.

chrispopovic said:
It took me days to find the picture of Clinger's tattoo but here it is, before and after. My wife thinks he was pretty good looking but doesn't care for the new look. I don't think anyone can argue that he's got stones. I personally don't think that he should have been fired, but I don't run the team. What's your opinion?
From what I have read he wasn't fired. He is actually getting most of the tatoo removed to conform with WEbcor Managements ideals.