Clip-in shoes. What's the difference?

Shocker33

Apr 16, 2013
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Hi,[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]I'm considering on purchasing some clip-in shoes for the first time. My first pair is probably going to be a relatively cheap pair, to see if i enjoy them before splashing out on something expensive.[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]So my question is....[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]What should i be looking for? Any certain features and/or technologies/designs?[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Apart from build quality, is there much difference in them between prices? So if i spent an extra £10-£20, would i actually see a difference?[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Also what is the difference between MTB and road clip-in shoes? I've noticed the obvious thread difference but is there anything else?[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Cheers for any help in advance.[/COLOR]

There is a big difference between brands in fact, every brand has a different feel, you need to try them in the shop to see whats best for you. Generally speaking, If you have a road bike, then you buy road shoes, if you have a mountain bike, mtb shoes, for touring or commuting then the choice is more open, the concept is the same tough, although there are differences between pedals in design and operation, for example some pedals allow you to set the clip harder or softer, others dont, some pedals offer more float, etc