Clipless or "Power Grips"

rwinthenorth

Aug 27, 2006
I know this should generate discussion, but... I currently ride using a decent pedal and PowerGrips straps. I like them other than the fact they point down so the start up is always a two part thing. Right foot first then hunt and flip around for the left foot. Once in, I do like them. They're snug, not much dicernable play and I can where my Merrell Chamilions (my other grafted on feet) and they're easy to quickly disengage. I ride about 30-40miles every other day on Co-Motion Esspresso I really love. I am building up to more miles but time gets in my way. Is there any good reason to drop between $200.00 - $250.00 on new shoes, cleats and clipless pedals. Note: I ride to sweat, burn calories and usually to a destination I can eat my way back ( the ride to eat plan) up to calories burned. Thanks

i rode for a while with toe clips too... i thought i liked them just fine till i got clipless... mine are easy to get in and out of and it makes pedaling even more efficient and your feet don't move around which makes it more comfortable.

Clipless are good...even if you're trying to burn calories it will be more enjoyable with the new pedles...so you'll go further and burn/sweat more... and yes there is a $200 difference.

rwinthenorth said:
I ride about 30-40miles every other day on Co-Motion Esspresso I really love.
Co-Motion Esspresso? Is that the model of your bike, or your beverage of choice?

( the ride to eat plan)
Oh, so you're a member of the New York Cycle Club too!

Bob Ross said:
Co-Motion Esspresso? Is that the model of your bike, or your beverage of choice?

Oh, so you're a member of the New York Cycle Club too!

I am a native New Yorker, an upper eastside kid, But, alas, I reside in The Dayton, Ohio area. Not currently a member of any club. Expresso is definately a beverage I like to consume, but Esspresso is the style of my bike from Co-Motion.www.co-motion.com It is a beautiful ride. Campy decked out from fork to levers and shifters. A great bike to tour around with and we have some of the nicest "rails to trails" to ride on all within 20 minutes or less.