Clipless pedal question

Mrbonk

Guest
Greetings, I note that the Giant VT3 bike that I'm about to
purchase has 'clipless pedals', apparently of the Time ATAC
Alium variety. I'm curious to know if these pedals have a
regular 'platform' on the other side of them. I've never
used a toe-cage or cleats or whatever, so I'd like to be
able to use these without 'dedicated' MTB shoes to start off
with (until I manage to get some proper MTB shoes and get
used to getting in and out of the clips).

Thanks, MrBonk www.mrbonk.com

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 20:26:03 +1000, "MrBonk" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Greetings, I note that the Giant VT3 bike that I'm about to
>purchase has 'clipless pedals', apparently of the Time ATAC
>Alium variety. I'm curious to know if these pedals have a
>regular 'platform' on the other side of them.

They don't.

>I've never used a toe-cage or cleats or whatever, so I'd
>like to be able to use these without 'dedicated' MTB shoes
>to start off with (until I manage to get some proper MTB
>shoes and get used to getting in and out of the clips).

Put the ATACs in a drawer and install some flat pedals until
you get the shoes. Some LBS's might even _give_ you a pair
of cheapie flats that have been removed from another bike.
If not, they can be had for $10-15.

Once you decide to go clipless, the ATACs are
excellent pedals

Barry

"MrBonk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Greetings, I note that the Giant VT3 bike that I'm about
> to purchase
has
> 'clipless pedals', apparently of the Time ATAC Alium
> variety. I'm curious to know if these pedals have a
> regular 'platform' on the other side of
them.

No they don't. Get some conventional flat pedals and put the
ATACs to one side until the time is right.

Interesting website BTW.

Andy Chequer, not kitesurfing chick, but hot, blond and blue
eyed anyway.

Most of the time a new bike with clipless pedals will come
with temporary plastic half flat pedals that clip in. It
does not work well & does not provide good traction, but
it's there.

berlin.de...