Clipless pedal question

MrBonk

Guest
Greetings,
I note that the Giant VT3 bike that I'm about to purchase has
'clipless pedals', apparently of the Time ATAC Alium variety. I'm curious
to know if these pedals have a regular 'platform' on the other side of them.
I've never used a toe-cage or cleats or whatever, so I'd like to be able to
use these without 'dedicated' MTB shoes to start off with (until I manage to
get some proper MTB shoes and get used to getting in and out of the clips).

Thanks,
MrBonk
www.mrbonk.com

"MrBonk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Greetings,
> I note that the Giant VT3 bike that I'm about to purchase

has
> 'clipless pedals', apparently of the Time ATAC Alium variety. I'm curious
> to know if these pedals have a regular 'platform' on the other side of

them.

No they don't. Get some conventional flat pedals and put the ATACs to one
side until the time is right.

Interesting website BTW.

Andy Chequer, not kitesurfing chick, but hot, blond and blue eyed anyway.

Most of the time a new bike with clipless pedals will come with temporary
plastic half flat pedals that clip in. It does not work well & does not
provide good traction, but it's there.