Quoted post said:Originally posted by FatRoadie
I wanted to post this and see if anyone could help me.
While riding I notice a recurring problem with my big toe.... On the longer rides (30 or more miles) My left big toe goes to sleep... Ive tried adjusting the cleats to different positions, tightening the shoe while riding, and even increasing the amount of pre ride stretching...
Only injuries I have suffered to this leg were a fractured ankle during a training jump into DZ Mike North in Graffenwoehr Germany...while I was in the military...
Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated...
Bruce
As SMAX mentioned your shoes may be too tight. Most people have a artery which runs down the top of their foot and is quite superficial. Sometimes certain shoes (even when they don't feel TOO tight) can squash this artery enough so that all the blood doesn't get through.
Another reason may be neurological. You may have a nerve being compressed somewhere from your brain to your toes. This however I would suggest is less likely as it only affects one toe. The nerve compression may also be from tight shoes.
Does this happen any other time. Sleeping, running, at work etc?
Hope this helps.
Malcolm.