Clipless Pedals or Toe Clips and Straps

Discussion in 'Track Racing' started by sv650s, Jan 15, 2007.

1. sv650s

sv650s New Member

OK so what is your preferance and why.

I an thinking of going back to Toe Clips and Straps as I have twice pulled a foot starting a race and getting a little narky about it :mad: .

Tags:

2. daveryanwyoming

daveryanwyoming Well-Known Member

Specifically, it's toe clips and double straps for me. Cleats are a bit tough to find for modern shoes, but Yoshida makes a decent set for Look drilled shoes. You could also check out the MKS EXA pedal: http://www.worldclasscycles.com/mks_exa_pedal.htm it has a positive locking mechanism plus you can add straps for extra security.

Pulling out of track pedals at the start of a flying 200 is a spooky thought :)

3. sv650s

sv650s New Member

It was in Team Sprint. Thankfully they were only trials so it gives me some time to work it all out.

4. rooman

rooman New Member

My favourite is (if you can get them) Shimano Dura Ace SPD-R with a toe strap...ultra small and ultra tight...again (if you can get them), but if not then Dura Ace or Suntour Superbe Pro Cages, with Christophe Toe Clips and Sprint leather straps... either way, wear Duegi shoes to top it off ( they dont make them anymore either..so good luck).