clipless pedals with toe straps?

Discussion in 'Track Racing' started by finnrambo, Oct 22, 2010.

1. finnrambo

finnrambo New Member

Does anybody know how to add toe straps to clipless pedals like some of the pros do? Thanks

Tags:

2. DaBones

DaBones New Member

I race on a professional level and this is how every pro does it, take the leather strap and some small zip ties and fasten it to your pedal i use dura ace pedals they have big enough gaps to do this.

3. finnrambo

finnrambo New Member

one more question, how do you keep the strap from flopping back as theres no cage thing on the strap

4. brettkirkness

brettkirkness New Member

Hi
    I have found the same problem on my track bike.
    My solution was to use a set of Shimano M324 pedals. these are a single sided spd pedal with the capability to add toe clips and straps to them. The added advantage is that if you just need to ride your bike on a trainer you can flip the pedals upside down and use ordinary runner on the bottom of the pedal.

5. finnrambo

finnrambo New Member

that isnt actually a bad idea, just found out my track doesnt want me using straps though.... lol

6. taras0000

taras0000 New Member

What sort of track doesn't allow you to run straps on your pedals? That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard of when it comes to track management

7. finnrambo

finnrambo New Member

I'm a youth rider so that changes things apparently, I got keo blades with the red springs so those havent let my foot go yet just waiting till i outgrow that to though

8. keyon

keyon New Member

he purpose built track has been engineered in Germany by Velotrack, the team that built the velodromes for the Atlanta Olympics and the Delhi Commonwealth Games. The Red Bull Mini Drome track will maintain race-worthy

9. kana_marie

kana_marie Member

I kind of like this idea. I might try it when I'm ready to take it to that point rather than the clips.

10. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

I would swap out the pedals rather than using zip ties, but that's just me. That is crazy that a track wouldn't' allow foot straps.