clipless pedals with toe straps?

finnrambo

Jun 6, 2010
Does anybody know how to add toe straps to clipless pedals like some of the pros do? Thanks

I race on a professional level and this is how every pro does it, take the leather strap and some small zip ties and fasten it to your pedal i use dura ace pedals they have big enough gaps to do this.

one more question, how do you keep the strap from flopping back as theres no cage thing on the strap

Hi
I have found the same problem on my track bike.
My solution was to use a set of Shimano M324 pedals. these are a single sided spd pedal with the capability to add toe clips and straps to them. The added advantage is that if you just need to ride your bike on a trainer you can flip the pedals upside down and use ordinary runner on the bottom of the pedal.

that isnt actually a bad idea, just found out my track doesnt want me using straps though.... lol

What sort of track doesn't allow you to run straps on your pedals? That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard of when it comes to track management

Originally Posted by taras0000 .

What sort of track doesn't allow you to run straps on your pedals? That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard of when it comes to track management
I'm a youth rider so that changes things apparently, I got keo blades with the red springs so those havent let my foot go yet just waiting till i outgrow that to though

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]he purpose built track has been engineered in Germany by Velotrack, the team that built the velodromes for the Atlanta Olympics and the Delhi Commonwealth Games. The Red Bull Mini Drome track will maintain race-worthy [/COLOR]

I kind of like this idea. I might try it when I'm ready to take it to that point rather than the clips.

I would swap out the pedals rather than using zip ties, but that's just me. That is crazy that a track wouldn't' allow foot straps.