Clopidogrel instead of Asprin ?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Bigjon, Feb 14, 2004.

  1. Bigjon

    Bigjon Guest

    Ok, I'm here to ask a question. My GP has just decided to prescribe Clopidogrel 75mg instead of
    Asprin 75mg. This was after I complained of severe Tinnitus in one ear.

    The question is, is Clopidogrel the same as asprin, and why is it considered better ( or at least,
    unlikely to cause Tinnitus ) ??
    --
    You can't have it all.... Where would you put it anyway ??
    http://www.topqualityfreeware.com/phpBB/index.php

    Tags:

  2. Bigjon wrote:

    > Ok, I'm here to ask a question. My GP has just decided to prescribe Clopidogrel 75mg instead of
    > Asprin 75mg. This was after I complained of severe Tinnitus in one ear.
    >
    > The question is, is Clopidogrel the same as asprin,

    No.

    > and why is it considered better ( or at least, unlikely to cause Tinnitus ) ??

    Clopidogrel is not known to cause tinnitus (not part of its side effect profile).

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

    What is all this about?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?T2CA21267

  3. Bigjon

    Bigjon Guest

    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD declared:

    > Bigjon wrote:
    >
    >> Ok, I'm here to ask a question. My GP has just decided to prescribe Clopidogrel 75mg instead of
    >> Asprin 75mg. This was after I complained of severe Tinnitus in one ear.
    >>
    >> The question is, is Clopidogrel the same as asprin,
    >
    > No.
    >
    >> and why is it considered better ( or at least, unlikely to cause Tinnitus ) ??
    >
    > Clopidogrel is not known to cause tinnitus (not part of its side effect profile).
    >
    > Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
    >
    > Andrew
    >
    > --
    > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist http://www.heartmdphd.com/

    Thank you.
    --

  4. Bigjon <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD declared:
    >
    > > Bigjon wrote:
    > >
    > >> Ok, I'm here to ask a question. My GP has just decided to prescribe Clopidogrel 75mg instead of
    > >> Asprin 75mg. This was after I complained of severe Tinnitus in one ear.
    > >>
    > >> The question is, is Clopidogrel the same as asprin,
    > >
    > > No.
    > >
    > >> and why is it considered better ( or at least, unlikely to cause Tinnitus ) ??
    > >
    > > Clopidogrel is not known to cause tinnitus (not part of its side effect profile).
    > >
    > > Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
    > >
    > > Andrew
    > >
    > > --
    > > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist http://www.heartmdphd.com/
    >
    > Thank you.