Close call with a "dunnydoor"

slowbiker

Oct 21, 2005
Just riding along in bike lane between Ocean Grove and Barwon Heads (Victoria/Australia), cold rainy day head wind, three a**holes with P plates think it would be a good idea to push me off my bike.

To do this they had to move left into the bike lane, passanger had to lean half his body out of the car to push me.

Minor crash no real damage, but I got Licence plate, description of car and reported to police.

Then KARMA, I was up the local later, two young fellas bragging about hitting cyclist, I had a chat and asked wht their number plate was, surprise surprise same car I reported. Procedded to explain the charges that they are facing and the time to spend in jail!!! That was probably better than letting my 22 year old son and about ten cycling mates lose on them.

Ah well another day biking!!!

Sensible approach. Let the police deal with the crime. Commiting a crime because someone else commits a crime doesn't make sense.

Hey Slowbiker,

Good to see you taking the high road. Sometimes not so easy to do after such an experience.

I had an incident last week seeing myself as the recipient of a little road rage that nearly resulting in a fist fight which I was doing my best to avoid which was extremely hard after being clipped by a car mirror of a driver who purposely assaulted me with his Suzuki Vitara.

I must say your experience sounds a lot more frustrating than mine thus I commend you on exercising such restraint given a chance to affront your assaulters.

Good luck with the police following it up. I hope they proceed with the charges.

Cheers
Ant

slowbiker said:
Just riding along in bike lane between Ocean Grove and Barwon Heads (Victoria/Australia), cold rainy day head wind, three a**holes with P plates think it would be a good idea to push me off my bike.

To do this they had to move left into the bike lane, passanger had to lean half his body out of the car to push me.

Minor crash no real damage, but I got Licence plate, description of car and reported to police.

Then KARMA, I was up the local later, two young fellas bragging about hitting cyclist, I had a chat and asked wht their number plate was, surprise surprise same car I reported. Procedded to explain the charges that they are facing and the time to spend in jail!!! That was probably better than letting my 22 year old son and about ten cycling mates lose on them.

Ah well another day biking!!!
Unbelievable behaviour, be sure to follow up with the authorities to see what course of action is taken, and let us know what you find out.

Glad to hear no real damage.

SEGFTG said:
Unbelievable behaviour, be sure to follow up with the authorities to see what course of action is taken, and let us know what you find out.

Glad to hear no real damage.

Thanks for the interest!! and sorry for the late reply, I've been away for a week. No comment yet from the police. I intend to follow it up with them later this week. Will let the board know result

hope they get a right a$$ kicking by the cops. How was the look on there faces when you told them what they are about to face?? Would have been priceless!!!

something like :eek: :eek:

Fonze I must admit the left the pub rather quickly. Still no word from the police about follow up!!!!!

LeojVS said:
hope they get a right a$$ kicking by the cops. How was the look on there faces when you told them what they are about to face?? Would have been priceless!!!

something like :eek: :eek:

from exp, you will have to chase them up. As nice as it would be to have them return calls, they prob a little busy. Keep on them