Close call

shrimpeater

Aug 28, 2006
well i was coming down a huge mountain and goin like 35 40 MPH i was having a good time when someone was watering their car and a small trikkle of water ran accross the street i didnt mind much of it then i took a sharp turn and my back tire drifted out from the water it was soooooo scary i was sideways and the next turn my back tire kept sliding so i got the hand of drifitng and kept doing it until my tire was smoking from the heat poped and in did a 360 into a parked car :)

We raec BMX club races in the rain. There's this one hairpin that we get to at an average 25 mph with virtually bald tires. The last time I raced 3 hours in I had to take my front brake pads off because they were too wet. I have to use both brakes to get into the turn. Most others use only their rear and put their foot down, but I use a different cornering technique. Luckily, when it started raining hard, our hired officials cancelled the race, about three hours in of 24. My rear brakes were getting very wet, but they were warm enough to dry a little. I had to hold the brakes on small straights to dry them off. It was WET. Don't be afraid of wetness, it can be fun sometimes.