Close call

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mikael Seierup, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Today my rear tire suffered a blowout. Only my amazing skill, fast reflexes, cool head and the fact
    that the bike was in the living room saved me.

Best place to have a blowout if you ask me.

/M

Tags:

2. Bill & Gerri

Bill & Gerri Guest

Mikael:

Thanks for the outstanding report of a very dangerous situation. Now I am forewarned. I will try to
    gain the awesome skill level, fast reflexs and cool head you showed me!!

Regards,

Bill "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Today my rear tire suffered a blowout. Only my amazing skill, fast reflexes, cool head and the
    > fact that the bike was in the living room saved me.
    >
    > Best place to have a blowout if you ask me.
    >
    > /M
    >

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1
    Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

3. M.S.S.You have not lived a full life till you have experienced the joys of blowing out your front
    406 Hi-pressure tire going down hill in traffic. Only time in my life I was thrilled to see
    two cars ahead of me parked side by side with just enough space for me slide in between and
    stop falling sideways.
    ------------------
    "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Today my rear tire suffered a blowout. Only my amazing skill, fast reflexes, cool head and the
    >
    >
    > /M

4. Tom Sherman

Tom Sherman Guest

Mikael Seierup wrote:
    >
    >

Mikael,

For a moment I thought something really bad had almost happened, such as someone lifting your bike
    over his/her head with one hand. ;)

I had a tube rupture on my Rocket in the middle of the night. At first I thought the water heater
    was blowing up. (Since I was living in a small efficiency apartment at the time, the bike was stored
    less than 6 feet (2 meters) from my bed.

Tom Sherman - Various HPV's Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

5. Ben

Ben New Member

But you left out the most important thing . . . did you get road rash or rug burn????

Ben

6. "Ben" skrev...
    > But you left out the most important thing . . . did you get road rash or rug burn????

I almost suffered the dreaded "toilet suck"...

M.

7. 98gtw

98gtw Guest

"Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in news:b7pjl5$3bmgd$1 @ID-169681.news.dfncis.de:

>
    >
    > /M
    >

Echo can be a killer.

--
    Dave 98GTW [email protected] (remove nospam to reply directly) Presto, Presto II, Screamer

8. Bentjay

Bentjay Guest

Reminds me of when I first got my Bebops. While riding on a rails to trails, I approached an
    intersection with a road. There was the usual post in the middle of the trail to bar motor traffic
    on the trail. Since there were several wedgie riders facing me across the street, I decided to be
    cool and stay clipped while holding onto that post. Well, the post was made of rubber tubing and I,
    ever so slowly, fell to the pavement much to the amusement of those d..n df'ers.

In the top twenty most embarrassing moments of my life, so far....

BentJay

9. Geob

Geob Guest

> Only my amazing skill, fast reflexes, cool head and the fact that the bike was in the living room
    > saved me.

When I wuz a kid, and the cops took my learner's permit (sumthin about foolhardy dangerous stunts,
    reckless driving), I usta sit on my motorcycle in the garage and make engine noises. What kind of
    noises do you make when you sit on yer bike in the livingroom?

10. "GeoB" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse news:[email protected]...
    > > Only my amazing skill, fast reflexes, cool head and the fact that the bike was in the living
    > > room saved me.
    >
    > When I wuz a kid, and the cops took my learner's permit (sumthin about foolhardy dangerous stunts,
    > reckless driving), I usta sit on my motorcycle in the garage and make engine noises. What kind of
    > noises do you make when you sit on yer bike in the livingroom?

I was actually in the bathroom and you dont wanna know.

;-)

11. Geob

Geob Guest

A couple in a nice car chatted with me about my 'bent while we were stopped at a light. They were so
    interested in it that they drove slowly beside me while I accelerated to 'bout 25 mph. Pedal came
    un-clipped and I careened onto the curb and did some enddos. They drove around the block and came
    back, "Are you alright? Are you sure?" Of course I was OK (even if my femur was sticking out of my
    leg I would have smiled and said I wuz OK). My face hurt because it was so red. I personally set
    back general acceptance of 'bents two years or so, by my accounting.

12. Bethf

Bethf Guest

"Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Did you think you were being shot at?

Better than in the back of yer pants fer sure.

13. Cletus Lee

Cletus Lee Guest

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    >
    > > Best place to have a blowout if you ask me.
    >
    >
    > Better than in the back of yer pants fer sure.
    >

I've had one of those too and while on my way to work no less.

--

Cletus D. Lee Bacchetta Giro Lightning Voyager http://www.clee.org
    - Bellaire, TX USA -

14. Ok I'll ask: what is the dreaded toilet suck ?

We have had 2 "zero speed crashes" on our tandem. Once into a hedgerow (the toughest to get
    untangled from) and another in the middle of an intersection in Mt Dora, Florida at the annual bike
    event. (the most embarassing.)

Peter and Judy Spirito

>
    > I almost suffered the dreaded "toilet suck"...
    >
    > M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.