Close calls?

sussexvlogger

Jan 22, 2013
Anyone had any close calls?

Had a few, finalyl got one on camera but I want to hear some GOOD stories :D

Hmmm... I think I live in the jungle!

A "misplaced" gutter cover in the cycling lane. That would be a treat in a night ride... Or in a day ride with a cheerleader parade next to you whilst cycling there.

This car which is parked on the "cycling lane" is not the car of a CB enthusiast (notice the antenna). It is a police car which is parked outside the police station. How about telling to that police officer of dangerous for cyclists cars on the road?

And there is ofcourse my "favorite" story of the wild west part of my city. I am cycling on the cycle lane. Not on the street. The cycling lane. I see a car parked there. The person is inside chatting to his mobile phone. I signal at him if he is leaving or something. Very politely. He comes out of the car and attacks me verbally. I dont say anything. He gets in the car and leaves.

Another reason why I just cant have clipless pedals... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Oh and btw I am looking for some new cycling wear. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

I was looking for something like this for commuting:

and something like this for more sporty training rides: /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

What do you think? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif