Close calls?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by sussexvlogger, Jan 26, 2013.

1. sussexvlogger

sussexvlogger New Member

Anyone had any close calls?

Had a few, finalyl got one on camera but I want to hear some GOOD stories :D

Tags:

2. Volnix

Volnix Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I think I live in the jungle!

A "misplaced" gutter cover in the cycling lane. That would be a treat in a night ride... Or in a day ride with a cheerleader parade next to you whilst cycling there.

[​IMG]

This car which is parked on the "cycling lane" is not the car of a CB enthusiast (notice the antenna). It is a police car which is parked outside the police station. How about telling to that police officer of dangerous for cyclists cars on the road?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And there is ofcourse my "favorite" story of the wild west part of my city. I am cycling on the cycle lane. Not on the street. The cycling lane. I see a car parked there. The person is inside chatting to his mobile phone. I signal at him if he is leaving or something. Very politely. He comes out of the car and attacks me verbally. I dont say anything. He gets in the car and leaves.

Another reason why I just cant have clipless pedals... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

3. Volnix

Volnix Well-Known Member

Oh and btw I am looking for some new cycling wear. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

I was looking for something like this for commuting:

[​IMG]

and something like this for more sporty training rides: /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

[​IMG]

What do you think? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif