Closed road racing

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Paulie, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Paulie

    Paulie Guest

    Just as my fitness is coming back for road racing, it looks like open road racing in NSW has been
    scrapped for the time being.

    Anyone out there aware of clubs with closed circuits near Sydney?

    Tags:

  2. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    Paulie wrote:
    > Just as my fitness is coming back for road racing, it looks like open road racing in NSW has been
    > scrapped for the time being.
    >
    > Anyone out there aware of clubs with closed circuits near Sydney?

    My club, Randwick Botany CC does. For details of the circuit, etc. see:
    http://www.randwickbotanycc.com/News.htm

    I can see us getting a lot more interest if on-road racing is shut down (or at least made more
    difficult).

    Also Lidcombe-Auburn CC has a closed track set in bushland (URL not to hand).

    HTH,

    &roo

  3. Carl Milne

    Carl Milne Guest

    Sutherland Shire has a closed track near the Tram Museum and Loftus TAFE. There is a club that races
    there on a Friday night, probably called Sutherland something or other. I can get the real name for
    you if interested. Carl