Clothes...

TriathleteNut

Dec 20, 2005
How tight are they supposed to fit? I just got into road biking and tried on a shirt and 'bib' is that what you call them. The bike store guy said they are supposed to be tight and they sure are.

TriathleteNut said:
How tight are they supposed to fit? I just got into road biking and tried on a shirt and 'bib' is that what you call them. The bike store guy said they are supposed to be tight and they sure are.

Real road jerseys fit tight and Euro ones are tighter and smaller. MTB jerseys are loose fitting and i use a few of them. Shorts and bibs which are better should be tight. They dont want to move around on you.

shokhead said:
Real road jerseys fit tight and Euro ones are tighter and smaller. MTB jerseys are loose fitting and i use a few of them. Shorts and bibs which are better should be tight. They dont want to move around on you.

true.. but i like mine a bit baggy under the arms as i dont like to be restricted when i use the drops on my road bike. Personal choice really i like my tackle not to move around in my shorts too much so i go for a snugger fit downstairs.

Sometimes you find different makes of jersey/top have different sizes. Adidas for example, seem to make all their stuff one size bigger than the label says, while nanlini make them 1 smaller.

Trail and error really.

shokhead said:

true.. but i like mine jerseys bit baggy under the arms as i dont like to be restricted when i use the drops on my road bike. Personal choice really i like my tackle not to move around in my shorts too much either so i go for a snugger fit downstairs.

Sometimes you find different makes of jersey/top have different sizes. Adidas for example, seem to make all their stuff one size bigger than the label says, while Nalini make them 1 smaller.

Trail and error really.

Chris_E said:
true.. but i like mine jerseys bit baggy under the arms as i dont like to be restricted when i use the drops on my road bike. Personal choice really i like my tackle not to move around in my shorts too much either so i go for a snugger fit downstairs.

Sometimes you find different makes of jersey/top have different sizes. Adidas for example, seem to make all their stuff one size bigger than the label says, while Nalini make them 1 smaller.

Trail and error really.
try a sleeveless jersey.

i just bought a new kit which has some spandex in it and man is it tight. i feel a bit self conscious in it still but the you hardly notice it is on when it fits nicely.
road jerseys that are too baggy dont look right.

Personally I like my jerseys loose so I buy the next size up. I love bibs. I can't wear shorts any more. Keep them tight, not constricting but snug. That's really important.

TriathleteNut said:
The jersey really only needs to be tight if you're worried about areodynamics. Shorts/bibs should be tight enough to not bunch or move, but not so tight that they're restrictive.