Clothing that lights up

Thomas Reynolds

Guest
On NPR today there was an article on an Italian company called Luminex. They make clothing that
lights up. I don't know anything about the company other than the NPR report but as a cyclist who
often rides home at night it got my interest (I fell for the Illuminite propoganda a few years ago
so I guess I am a sucker).

Their web site is http://www.luminex.it/index_eng.html#. Its not real well organized but I did find
their link to intenational representatives. They had a place in New York for their USA rep.

BTW, the link to the NPR broadcast is
http://www.npr.org/programs/atc/features/2003/feb/glow/index.html

Tom

"Thomas Reynolds" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On NPR today there was an article on an Italian company called Luminex. They make clothing that
> lights up. I don't know anything about the company other than the NPR report but as a cyclist who
> often rides home at night it got my interest (I fell for the Illuminite propoganda a few years ago
> so I guess I am a sucker).
>
> Their web site is http://www.luminex.it/index_eng.html#. Its not real well organized but I did
> find their link to intenational representatives. They had a place in New York for their USA rep.
>
> BTW, the link to the NPR broadcast is
> http://www.npr.org/programs/atc/features/2003/feb/glow/index.html

I asked the company if they knew of any bicycling clothing being made, and got a nice reply.

The good news: lycra fabric is available, so you could make your own. More good news: 7 colors
available, white, blue, silver, gold, red, green, cream & black More good news: you can change the
color every 18 inches.

The bad news: it's $280 a yard, minimum 50 yards. (plus $24 per battery)

So, I'll be staying with my Nathan reflective vest for a while.