Clothing that lights up

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Thomas Reynolds, Feb 24, 2003.

  1. On NPR today there was an article on an Italian company called Luminex. They make clothing that
    lights up. I don't know anything about the company other than the NPR report but as a cyclist who
    often rides home at night it got my interest (I fell for the Illuminite propoganda a few years ago
    so I guess I am a sucker).

    Their web site is http://www.luminex.it/index_eng.html#. Its not real well organized but I did find
    their link to intenational representatives. They had a place in New York for their USA rep.

    BTW, the link to the NPR broadcast is
    http://www.npr.org/programs/atc/features/2003/feb/glow/index.html

    Tom

    Tags:

  2. Mike Kruger

    Mike Kruger Guest

    "Thomas Reynolds" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On NPR today there was an article on an Italian company called Luminex. They make clothing that
    > lights up. I don't know anything about the company other than the NPR report but as a cyclist who
    > often rides home at night it got my interest (I fell for the Illuminite propoganda a few years ago
    > so I guess I am a sucker).
    >
    > Their web site is http://www.luminex.it/index_eng.html#. Its not real well organized but I did
    > find their link to intenational representatives. They had a place in New York for their USA rep.
    >
    > BTW, the link to the NPR broadcast is
    > http://www.npr.org/programs/atc/features/2003/feb/glow/index.html

    I asked the company if they knew of any bicycling clothing being made, and got a nice reply.

    The good news: lycra fabric is available, so you could make your own. More good news: 7 colors
    available, white, blue, silver, gold, red, green, cream & black More good news: you can change the
    color every 18 inches.

    The bad news: it's $280 a yard, minimum 50 yards. (plus $24 per battery)

    So, I'll be staying with my Nathan reflective vest for a while.