clothing

liketobike

Oct 2, 2006
Hi, I was wondering if wearing a skinsuit or bib shorts are benefitial to the everyday rider, or should I stick with my shorts? I tend to ride distance, and end up with a sore Butt, even after wearing my shorts.

liketobike said:
Hi, I was wondering if wearing a skinsuit or bib shorts are benefitial to the everyday rider, or should I stick with my shorts? I tend to ride distance, and end up with a sore Butt, even after wearing my shorts.

Chafing or sore bones?

A skinsuit is pointless unless you are participating in a Time Trial. Unless you are in top shape, you don't tend to look very good in them.

Many people like bibs for the fit (No worry about the shorts or pad moving around on you).

Sore butt? Are you using any Chamois cream? Not used to the saddle? Need a better saddle?

Thanks for the advice, though I'm not worried about not looking good in a skinsuit:D !! It would be overkill. I just bought a pair of "Hind" shorts, and they felt better on a 45KM ride. Better quality probably??
Olasnah said:
A skinsuit is pointless unless you are participating in a Time Trial. Unless you are in top shape, you don't tend to look very good in them.

Many people like bibs for the fit (No worry about the shorts or pad moving around on you).

Sore butt? Are you using any Chamois cream? Not used to the saddle? Need a better saddle?

I began with shorts, but will be purchasing bibs from now on based on my experience with bib tights this past (at long last!) winter. Much more comfortable--less binding about the waist. Everyone has a preference.....mine is Giordana. Comfortable chamois, great compression fit. By the way, they're on sale right now (got e-mail ad today) at SierraTradingPost.com. Several brands/styles -- Giordana, Biemme, Zoot, etc.

Pearl Izumi on sale now @ Performance, along with their house brand. Haven't checked Nashbar lately.

~ OldGoat

Thanks for the info!!!!
OldGoat said:
I began with shorts, but will be purchasing bibs from now on based on my experience with bib tights this past (at long last!) winter. Much more comfortable--less binding about the waist. Everyone has a preference.....mine is Giordana. Comfortable chamois, great compression fit. By the way, they're on sale right now (got e-mail ad today) at SierraTradingPost.com. Several brands/styles -- Giordana, Biemme, Zoot, etc.

Pearl Izumi on sale now @ Performance, along with their house brand. Haven't checked Nashbar lately.

~ OldGoat