    http://www.keswick.u-net.com/ldp.htm

    --
    sandy saunders @ www.thewalkzone.co.uk
    email: saunders.sandy at ntlworld.com

    'Mountains or Mole Hills ... summiting still
    brings the same excitement'

    Tags:

  2. Paul Plant

    Paul Plant Guest

    Only Quite impressive !!!!! Sandy u Jest they are Superb

    "sandy saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Not wishing to advertise anyone's website, but as a contrast to Neil's
    > Malvern Hills, take a look at Ann Bowker's photos of 22 November from a

    trip

  3. "sandy saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Not wishing to advertise anyone's website, but as a contrast to Neil's Malvern Hills,
    > take a look at Ann Bowker's photos of 22 November from a trip up Skiddaw Littleman, Lake
    > District. Quite impressive views.

    VG. I got a brocken spectre up Stob Coire Odhar last march, amazing.

    Nick

  4. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:00:58 GMT, "sandy saunders"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Not wishing to advertise anyone's website, but as a contrast to Neil's
    >Malvern Hills, take a look at Ann Bowker's photos of 22 November from a trip
    >up Skiddaw Littleman, Lake District. Quite impressive views.
    >
    >http://www.keswick.u-net.com/ldp.htm

    Fantastic pictures!

    Wet fishes,
    --
    ,,
    (**)PeeWiglet~~

  5. Towser

    Towser Guest

    I got one of them in 1998.

    http://www.virtualwalker.com/005/crinklecrags_p05.html

    the days before decent digital cameras unfortunately :-(

    Antony

    "Peewiglet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]
    > On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:00:58 GMT, "sandy saunders"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Not wishing to advertise anyone's website, but as a contrast to Neil's
    > >Malvern Hills, take a look at Ann Bowker's photos of 22 November from a

    trip
    > >up Skiddaw Littleman, Lake District. Quite impressive views.
    > >
    > >http://www.keswick.u-net.com/ldp.htm

    > Fantastic pictures!
    >

    > Wet fishes,
    > --
    > ,,
    > (**)PeeWiglet~~
    > / \ / \ pee AT [guessthisbit].co.uk

  6. Michael

    Michael Guest

  7. Neil Pugh

    Neil Pugh Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, sandy saunders
    <[email protected]> writes
    >Not wishing to advertise anyone's website, but as a contrast to Neil's
    >Malvern Hills, take a look at Ann Bowker's photos of 22 November from a trip
    >up Skiddaw Littleman, Lake District. Quite impressive views.

    Yes, a much better spectre than mine.

    Thinks: I really must get back up to the Lakes soon.

    Regards
    --
    Neil Pugh

  8. Richard Webb

    Richard Webb Guest

    >I saw my first ever Brocken spectre on the top of Snowdon last Sunday. There
    >was a really clear circular rainbow around the shadow - I really wished I'd
    >bothered to take my camera!

    Had one on Snowdon once... Usual hundreds milling about the summit,
    but only two of three of us on the edge of Clogwyn y Garnedd waving at
    space. The masses were oblivious to the phenomonon and the few that
    knew about them probably still think that they are rare.

    Richard Webb

  9. "sandy saunders" <[email protected]> wrote
    ..... take a look at Ann Bowker's photos of 22 November from a trip
    > up Skiddaw Littleman, Lake District. Quite impressive views.
    >
    > http://www.keswick.u-net.com/ldp.htm

    Superb conditions. Thanks Sandy for the tip-off.

    Brocken spectres aren't exactly common but if you're prepared to take to the
    hills in all weathers at any time of the year you've a very good chance of
    seeing one sometime. Here's one I grabbed over Coir' a'Ghrunnda on Skye in
    the 70's.

    http://www.simpkins57.freeserve.co.uk/24nov05brocken.jpg

    Tony Simpkins

  10. Michael

    Michael Guest

    "Richard Webb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    >>I saw my first ever Brocken spectre on the top of Snowdon last Sunday.
    >>There
    >>was a really clear circular rainbow around the shadow - I really wished
    >>I'd
    >>bothered to take my camera!
    >>

    > Had one on Snowdon once... Usual hundreds milling about the summit,
    > but only two of three of us on the edge of Clogwyn y Garnedd waving at
    > space. The masses were oblivious to the phenomonon and the few that
    > knew about them probably still think that they are rare.
    >
    > Richard Webb

    This one was visible right from the summit - but still most people didn't
    seem to notice!

  11. Richard Webb

    Richard Webb Guest

    On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 20:44:46 -0000, "Michael" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"Richard Webb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>>I saw my first ever Brocken spectre on the top of Snowdon last Sunday.
    >>>There
    >>>was a really clear circular rainbow around the shadow - I really wished
    >>>I'd
    >>>bothered to take my camera!
    >>>

    >> Had one on Snowdon once... Usual hundreds milling about the summit,
    >> but only two of three of us on the edge of Clogwyn y Garnedd waving at
    >> space. The masses were oblivious to the phenomonon and the few that
    >> knew about them probably still think that they are rare.
    >>
    >> Richard Webb

    >This one was visible right from the summit - but still most people didn't
    >seem to notice!

    Exactly my experience.

    Richard

  12. Les

    Les Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Not wishing to advertise anyone's website, but as a contrast to Neil's
    >Malvern Hills, take a look at Ann Bowker's photos of 22 November from a trip
    >up Skiddaw Littleman, Lake District. Quite impressive views.
    >
    >http://www.keswick.u-net.com/ldp.htm

    Great photos. Thanks for the link.

    BTW, you don't have to go high to see the spectre. I remember seeing
    it from the Minto Hills (276m), Teviotdale in The Borders, Scotland.

    Les

  13. AndyP

    AndyP Guest

    "Tony Simpkins" <[email protected]> wrote

    > "sandy saunders" <[email protected]> wrote
    > .... take a look at Ann Bowker's photos of 22 November from a trip
    > > up Skiddaw Littleman, Lake District. Quite impressive views.
    > >
    > > http://www.keswick.u-net.com/ldp.htm
    > >

    > Superb conditions. Thanks Sandy for the tip-off.

    Certainly were superb conditions. I was in the Lakes all last week. I just
    propped myself up against a rock and lay gazing out over the sea of clouds
    as far as the eye could see south of Bowfell to watch the sun set.
    Descending back down into the freezing fog on iced up rocks in the dark was
    also a fun experience.