Club cyclists in safety video.

>I won two major awards at work for the safety videos I make for my
>colleagues. They persuaded me to make one more to pass on the baton, since
>I've finished doing them. I managed to get two club mates into the final
>one - number 33, which you can see here:
>

> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page463.htm

Simon, an interesting video, but I didn't get the point of having the two
cyclists with the message "he didn't have any lights" or something like
that. Was it the cyclists who didn't have any lights, was it a driver, who
exactly? And were they involved in a collision as a result? Don't think it
actually delivers the message you thought it does.

The music is a famous classical piece, so famous it's name escapes me! but
it isn't credited, only some group that I've never heard of.

"burt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>I won two major awards at work for the safety videos I make for my
>>colleagues. They persuaded me to make one more to pass on the baton, since
>>I've finished doing them. I managed to get two club mates into the final
>>one - number 33, which you can see here:
>>

>> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page463.htm
>>

> Simon, an interesting video, but I didn't get the point of having the two
> cyclists with the message "he didn't have any lights" or something like
> that. Was it the cyclists who didn't have any lights, was it a driver,
> who exactly? And were they involved in a collision as a result? Don't
> think it actually delivers the message you thought it does.

Was in the section about getting safety stories from other people so to me
that suggested he was finding out about non-safe occurence that had happened
to the cyclist in the past.

> The music is a famous classical piece, so famous it's name escapes me! but
> it isn't credited, only some group that I've never heard of.

Air on a G String? though sounded more like Procol Harems attempt to adapt
it into Whiter Shade of Pale

"burt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Simon, an interesting video, but I didn't get the point of having the two
> cyclists with the message "he didn't have any lights" or something like
> that. Was it the cyclists who didn't have any lights, was it a driver,
> who exactly? And were they involved in a collision as a result? Don't
> think it actually delivers the message you thought it does.
>
> The music is a famous classical piece, so famous it's name escapes me! but
> it isn't credited, only some group that I've never heard of.

The idea was to listen to people's stories to get inspiration for future
videos. There was only 2-3 seconds of footage available to get a one line
comment in. It was not possible to go into detail about who was at fault and
why etc. - it would have taken too long. The music was indeed JS Bach's
"Air" played by the Haarlem group Ekseption. A sort of Dutch Procol Harum.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

"Niall Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> The music is a famous classical piece, so famous it's name escapes me!
>> but it isn't credited, only some group that I've never heard of.

> Air on a G String? though sounded more like Procol Harems attempt to adapt
> it into Whiter Shade of Pale

Of course it was! Senile decay galloping in, thanks Niall.