Clueless Newbie! Which bike would you pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Expensive Hobbi

I trying to decide on a new bike. I'm a road bike guy typically, but would like to get back into
mountain bikes as well. Looking for a soft-tail with disk brakes in the $1400-1700 range. A lighter
weight bike wouldn't be a bad thing either. Plan on riding trails for the most part, but want to do
some jumping as well (to relive my BMX days!) Which bike would you recommend? I have a few ideas,
but perhaps some of you out there will make some suggestions that I have not yet thought of.

Thanks in advance

"Expensive Hobbies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> I trying to decide on a new bike. I'm a road bike guy typically, but would like to get back
> into mountain bikes as well. Looking for a
soft-tail
> with disk brakes in the $1400-1700 range. A lighter weight bike wouldn't
be
> a bad thing either. Plan on riding trails for the most part, but want to
do
> some jumping as well (to relive my BMX days!) Which bike would you recommend? I have a few ideas,
> but perhaps some of you out there will make some suggestions that I have not yet thought
of.
>
> Thanks in advance
>

Ummm... not sure of the exchange rate but I'm very happy with my Giant NRS2. A relatively
lightweight XC full susser. The NRS suspension and No Sag setup is not as plush as some of the bikes
I tried so you might like it coming from no suspension. Not sure about the jumping part though. That
might put a spanner in your spokes if you want "lighter weight" because, in my opinion, you'll
really want a slightly more robust bike if you jump alot. Obviously lightweight isn't built for
regular heavyweight use. I posted something similar today and suggested that the guy have a look at
something like the Giant AC range or the Specialized Enduro - they're just a little more robust.
That's my 2cents
--
Westie

Status
Not open for further replies.