Clydesdale community challenge part iv

Originally Posted by KitCougar .

Well I don't think I have any hope of making the entire challenge but what the heck, it's a motivator. Literally received and assembled my bike today and this was my first time on one for six years. After two knee surgeries and a bit of rehab I'm approved to cycle again so here we go!

Odometer: 4.2 miles
Weight: 297.2lbs

It's not about making the whole challenge. Just do what you can for yourself and then post it here like this:

2627.2 +4.2 = 2631.4

Makes it easier for us "math" challenged folks!

Originally Posted by stogies4life .

2616.9 + 10.3 = 2627.2

Plus I hit two milestones today. My first 10 mile ride and 100 miles total since I started a little over 3 weeks ago. So I celebrated by buying a pair of "baggie" style shorts. Somehow even the mental picture of me in "regular" bike shorts makes me want to reach for the eye bleach. hahahaha

Good job buddy! Hey, just be sure and ride comfortably... If the idea of what you look like in cycling shorts is keeping you from wearing them, maybe wear a pair of 'em under some cargo shorts? At least you will have the padding where it is needed for the longer rides... I've done just that a few times already, and it worked well. Keeping comfortable keeps ya riding!

Originally Posted by KitCougar .

Well I don't think I have any hope of making the entire challenge but what the heck, it's a motivator. Literally received and assembled my bike today and this was my first time on one for six years. After two knee surgeries and a bit of rehab I'm approved to cycle again so here we go!

Odometer: 4.2 miles
Weight: 297.2lbs

Love it! Bike details, pics???

Originally Posted by trinogt .

Good job buddy! Hey, just be sure and ride comfortably... If the idea of what you look like in cycling shorts is keeping you from wearing them, maybe wear a pair of 'em under some cargo shorts? At least you will have the padding where it is needed for the longer rides... I've done just that a few times already, and it worked well. Keeping comfortable keeps ya riding!

Thanks T for the kind words. I will at some point this summer get a pair of 'em. That way I can rotate them. Just wanted wanted something a less revealing I guess. hahahaha

Thanks T for the kind words. I will at some point this summer get a pair of 'em. That way I can rotate them. Just wanted wanted something a less revealing I guess. hahahaha

Buy bibs, wear something baggy over them. Trust me, you won't regret it - my first "real" ride a few yrs back I went 50 mi in gym shorts. My, er, perineum was a little troublesome by about mile 35.

Bibs were purchased ASAP. The reason I say pay more for bibs, is especially for guys like us who tend to have a bigger fuel tank, the waistband is uncomfortable and rolls down and bunches up. Not a problem with bibs.

2650.3 + 34.4 = 2684.7

This was with my 10-year-old on his little BMX. Quite the little trooper! (He's getting cycling shorts for his birthday... around mile 24 he started complaining a little about his 'seat'. )

Originally Posted by trinogt .

2650.3 + 34.4 = 2684.7

This was with my 10-year-old on his little BMX. Quite the little trooper! (He's getting cycling shorts for his birthday... around mile 24 he started complaining a little about his 'seat'. )
Well, I hope his birthday is before his next ride. My uh, "seat" would be hurting too at mile 24!

2684.7 + 23.2 = 2707.9

I probably need some of that "eye bleach" too. I have never tried bibs -- if I can find some in my size i'll give it go.

It is good to see more clydes posting miles here -- maybe we can make the 30,000 miles!

Originally Posted by Jman .

2684.7 + 23.2 = 2707.9

I probably need some of that "eye bleach" too. I have never tried bibs -- if I can find some in my size i'll give it go.

It is good to see more clydes posting miles here -- maybe we can make the 30,000 miles!
2707.9 +14.0 = 2721.9
268.7 dam didn't lose any weight this past week. On the bright side I didn't gain any either. Had a nice ride to with my neighbor who took me out to one of the local bike path. Did 10 miles there and 4 miles with his 82 year old father at a local park with a path

Well, I hope his birthday is before his next ride. My uh, "seat" would be hurting too at mile 24!

His birthday is the 17th this month, so it might work out. (I ride alone, a LOT) . My 110 pound ex (still friends) rides with me sometimes, but she just can't keep up, riding my 40 pound mountain bike sporting slick street tires and 80 psi, still is not enough, and she is out of shape. I do what I can until I join a ride group and likely get left in the dust? haha

I've been thinking about joining a club and probably will eventually, but the LBS has several ongoing group rides and a few special ones that I want to take part in so we will see how that goes first.

2742.0 + 25.5 = 2767.5 (I believe previous post should be 2733.9 + 8.1 = 2742.0)

Weight on hold ???????? ( I know I am a wimp)

Originally Posted by Jman .

2742.0 + 25.5 = 2767.5 (I believe previous post should be 2733.9 + 8.1 = 2742.0)

Weight on hold ???????? ( I know I am a wimp)
Wow, my math skills are getting worse. Thanks for the correction Jman!

2991.8 + 23.2 = 3015.0

No problem stogies4life -- I wanted to keep the extra miles but?? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif.