Clydesdale community challenge part iv

12,923.9 + 28 = 12,951.9

Had nothing in the tank today. I think all my chores lined up post ride brought me down, fn chores!! Hopefully the tank is full for tomorrows big ride.

Did a # check on my season so far and not sure if I'll hit my 3000km before the weather turns ugly here(I'll be lucky to get some good rides in Oct). I'm about 750km away, but I have added quite a lot of time both in the pool doing laps(6miles/week) and also kayaking in these beautiful mtn rivers and lakes.

Originally Posted by stogies4life .

12,951.9 + 20.7 = 12,972.6
12972.6 + 28.5 = 13001.1

Woo hoo! Finally got to tally the miles that clicked over another 1,000. I'm so ****ing happy right now.

Anyway, had fun on the group ride - fell in with a group where it was me and another Clyde, and maybe 2 other people that wanted to pull...I'd take a pull, drop back and sit there thinking "why are we slowing down....OH YEAH BECAUSE THE PERSON ON THE FRONT HAS BEEN THERE 3 MINUTES BECAUSE NO ONE IS PULLING THROUGH"; the other Clyde felt the same way, so there was this rhythm of I'd pull, he'd pull, we'd drift back, the group would slow, and we'd come hammering from off the back and get us back up to speed. We started yelling "CLYDE TRAIN! WOO WOO!" every time we came powering past.

It was a blast, even though half the group we were in probably thought we were assholes.

Originally Posted by Chavez .

12972.6 + 28.5 = 13001.1

Woo hoo! Finally got to tally the miles that clicked over another 1,000. I'm so ****ing happy right now.

Anyway, had fun on the group ride - fell in with a group where it was me and another Clyde, and maybe 2 other people that wanted to pull...I'd take a pull, drop back and sit there thinking "why are we slowing down....OH YEAH BECAUSE THE PERSON ON THE FRONT HAS BEEN THERE 3 MINUTES BECAUSE NO ONE IS PULLING THROUGH"; the other Clyde felt the same way, so there was this rhythm of I'd pull, he'd pull, we'd drift back, the group would slow, and we'd come hammering from off the back and get us back up to speed. We started yelling "CLYDE TRAIN! WOO WOO!" every time we came powering past.

It was a blast, even though half the group we were in probably thought we were assholes.

Nice get on rolling the odometer C. Nice job of pulling your "weight" on the ride too!

Oh yeah
13,001.+ 43 = 13044.1

13,044.1 + 9.3 = 13,053.4

So much for the metric century, hard to get motivated when its 53*F in the middle of August!! Living in the mtns you can expect a day like this every once in a while. So, just did a leisurely town cruise. Off for a couple of days of kayaking in much warmer BC.

Originally Posted by Possumpoint .

? What try?

You accidentally added 2000 miles in there.

13053.4 + 3.5 = 13056.9

Just a ride down to the local sushi joint. I'm not sure how "short bike ride + pig out on sushi" compares to "long, fast bike ride + chug lots of beer" in the "healthy" category.

Originally Posted by Possumpoint .

Sorry about my prior mistake.
Oh, don't even worry about it - it was caught right away, I was just messing with you a little.

New guy to the forum. I'm def in the Clydesdale dept at 248 lb. just did 40 miles this morning to add to the cause. 13115.1 + 40 = 13155.1

Originally Posted by 616fun .

New guy to the forum. I'm def in the Clydesdale dept at 248 lb. just did 40 miles this morning to add to the cause.
13115.1 + 40 = 13155.1

Welcome!

Oh, my mileage is gonna dip. I have my guy at the LBS building me a bomb-proof wheel, I rode a new-ish one into submission after about 1400 miles.

Hopefully be back on it in a week or so.

We had a double post.... so current should read

13,115.1 + 40 = 13155.1 + 22.7 = 13,177.1

Then add mine for today

13,177.1 + 40.4 = 13,217.5

Originally Posted by 616fun .

New guy to the forum. I'm def in the Clydesdale dept at 248 lb. just did 40 miles this morning to add to the cause.
13115.1 + 40 = 13155.1
Welcome 616fun, you can add whatever miles you've achieved this calender year too.

13,217.5 + 24.5 = 13,242

Welcome to the forum 616fun!

Edit to add new weight. Started at 242 (may 27th) now down to 214. I was really struggling with a plateau there for a few weeks, but I knew if I just stuck with what I was doing it would eventually start coming down again.

13252.6 + 1.1 = 13253.7

Kind of a bummer - instead of doing a 90 mi ride (Ganther's Race the Lake), because of my daughter's birthday today I only got to ride over to where they were going past and cheer them on for a bit. Some people had pretty much talked me into the ride but once I figure out it was the day we were having Aurora's party, I was like "no can do" - they kept up with "oh, you'll be done and home by 11" which is probably pretty close to true, but then there's the "laying around like a lump and recovering for 2 or 3 hrs" factor.