Clydesdale Community Challenge

Sooooo....I recover from my back injury, and am ready to hop back on; BUT then I spend two days helping my wife labor to deliver our son (which was expected, so no biggie)...so I'm thinking I can get back on the bike for at least daily commutes pretty shortly....THEN some douchebag at volleyball is out of control, kamikazes under the net, and takes out my f*cking ankle. Argh.

Hopefully back on by Monday.

Mister2pi said:
5884.72 + 32 = 5916.72

5916.72 + 8.48 = 5925.2

That was my first real time on flat land to see what kind of condition I'm in. I'll hopefully be able to start putting up some real numbers soon.

GrumpyGex said:
5916.72 + 8.48 = 5925.2

That was my first real time on flat land to see what kind of condition I'm in. I'll hopefully be able to start putting up some real numbers soon.

5925.2 + 6.5 = 5931.7 miles

New bike, only had time to ride it to bro- and sis-in-laws for cookout. You take the opportunities you're given. Next week will be riding more. Got a 2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Apex with the SRAM 2x10 gruppo. :cool: Sweet ride. Couldn't get parts for old bike anymore except $$$ on fleaBay. Took the broken granny ring off and will sell on Craigslist as a double....or maybe keep as bike for wintertime trainer use. We'll see.

5998.41 + 8.09 = 6006.50 mi

Had a good moment - just a short ride today, took my daughter to the playground; was hitting this short but ballbusting hill and passed a guy - he looks over at me on the cruiser with the kid trailer and says "Showing off?"

Maybe I was, a little. :cool:

Chavez said:

I've got a pic from my Blackberry. Haven't had time to take a proper one with the DSLR. I've been damned busy lately...and not able to ride much :mad:. Had to go with wife and daughter to get daughter registered to start college...even more important than riding. And now I'm behind at work and playing catch-up. Hopefully this weekend.

Ride safe.

Well I hope I did this right and didn't exceed any limits. This is my new ride. :D

attachment.php

6309.34 + 49.32 = 6358.66

This is 2 rides - did 42 mi this morning. After close to a month without any "real" miles, I was wondering how it would feel...legs felt great, cardio felt great, avg speed of 18.5 was as good if not better than my usual avg, but the, er, "undercarriage" was barking quite a bit by the end. Ouch.