Clydesdale Community Challenge

6358.66 + 12.26 = 6370.92

I've always liked the curve they put on the top tube. It looks pretty slick. I'm starting to wish I had gotten a road bike instead of a 'cross bike. It'll pay off when I'm commuting later, though.

Screwed us up....here's the fix

6370.92 + 11.2 = 6382.12 miles

6382.12 miles + 23.2 = 6405.32 miles

Sorry about that..

GrumpyGex said:
I've always liked the curve they put on the top tube. It looks pretty slick. I'm starting to wish I had gotten a road bike instead of a 'cross bike. It'll pay off when I'm commuting later, though.
How so? Bad weather?

Chavez said:
How so? Bad weather?

Kinda sorta. I don't really know anything about the city I'll be moving to except that there's a college I intend on going to.

Lemme get to step one. I went to my LBS and told the salesman that I was looking for a road bike and that I'll be commuting with it later. I asked him about the durability of road bikes (cause the skinny wheels just look fragile to me) and he suggested a cyclocross bike. The geometry is close enough and the sturdier wheels are a plus. However, I've found that the guys that work at the LBS aren't the nicest people out there and it's like pulling teeth to get any info out of them. So now I don't know if the salesman was just pulling my chain to get rid of the bike or what. Either way, I still like my bike and I know there's some cyclocross trails(routes? courses?) in a city park about 30 miles out. I reckon it'll be at least a couple years before I feel I'm fit enough to do any kind of racing, maybe I can get a road bike then.

Wow it's hot and humid around here. This is two rides. Yesterday the only time I had available was middle of afternoon. 94F with Heat Index of 112F. Planned to go to bike trails and ride longer today but storms on the way.

6444.64 + 23.3 = 6467.94 miles

mccornwall said:
5925.2 + 6.5 = 5931.7 miles

New bike, only had time to ride it to bro- and sis-in-laws for cookout. You take the opportunities you're given. Next week will be riding more. Got a 2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Apex with the SRAM 2x10 gruppo. :cool: Sweet ride. Couldn't get parts for old bike anymore except $$$ on fleaBay. Took the broken granny ring off and will sell on Craigslist as a double....or maybe keep as bike for wintertime trainer use. We'll see.

How much did you pay for the Secteur? I'm about to buy a 2010 model for $1250 but folks on the web are saying the 2011 is cheaper. Please let me know before a make a financial mistake!

Thanks!

Tim

6760.75 + 12.72 = 6773.47

This just has not been a good biking season for me.

I broke my mtn.bike frame and I've been getting jerked around by the company I want to buy a frame from.

I have a hard time getting motivated to road ride other than commuting. Commuting is just not working out.

I'm ready for ski season!

trobinson017 said:
How much did you pay for the Secteur? I'm about to buy a 2010 model for $1250 but folks on the web are saying the 2011 is cheaper. Please let me know before a make a financial mistake!

Thanks!

Tim

In my neck of the woods the 2010 and the 2011 both were $1400 and I couldn't get them to budge. Maybe I made the mistake.

6815.4 + 7.2 = 6822.6
YES! Finally got a mtn.bike frame. Not the one I wanted but this will do for now. :DGot in the inaugural ride.