Clydesdale Community Challenge

7214.77 + 14.2 = 7228.97 miles

Got a little break from the heat. Would have gone further but didn't have the means to replan the route when I turned a corner and ran smack dab into fresh chipseal (ie. 3 inch deep gravel). At least when they're done with it it will no longer be a tar surface that just melts in the sun.

7228.97 + 60.05 = 7289.02

That's a few days. It's been wicked hot here lately. But today was overcast, so I finally rode over 30 miles in one sitting. I'm pretty stoked about it.

7304.52 + 7.2 = 7311.72
Fractured my big toe last week mtn.biking. I'm finally able to stuff it in my DH shoes so I could get a ride in with the pups. :D

BHOFM said:
New here, can I add to the fire?
Excellent! Welcome

7331.5 + 4 = 7335.5
Shoved my foot in my regular trail shoes. It was great while I was riding. Soon as I stopped :eek:

I have been riding since early May, total is 1321.7

7335.5+1321.7=8657.2

I do twenty plus a day with a top of 36 so far. My best
average speed for a day was 14.7.

I have lost about twenty pounds to date.

Good! I've lost about 20 myself. Absolutely join us. I was beginning to wonder how we were going to get to 40,000 with only about 4-5 of us. I keep hoping somebody has been saving them up and is going to unload a whole bunch at once...actually much as you have done. Thanks. Welcome again.

mccornwall said:
I was beginning to wonder how we were going to get to 40,000 with only about 4-5 of us.
Yeah, I don't think we're going to hit 40k. Be tough to hit 20k at the rate we're going. No reason to stop tallying though.

8657.2 + 7.41 = 8663.61

This last semester has murdered my saddle time. Hopefully this next week on the coast should help me log some hours. Miles of beach front riding and not a hill in sight, I'm pretty excited about it.

8663.61 + 13.8 = 8677.41 miles

included a hill around here that I hate. I'm going to keep attacking it until I don't hate it anymore...until I'm bored with it.

Let you down today, slept in, mowed grass, try to do thirty tomorrow.

8677.41 + 16.2 = 8693.61
Foot is getting better. Feels great while riding. Not after though :eek:

mccornwall said:
included a hill around here that I hate. I'm going to keep attacking it until I don't hate it anymore...until I'm bored with it.

Oh, that just doesn't work...when you have a hill that kicks your ass on a regular basis, and then you start riding up it easily, you don't get bored, you want to ride up and down that f*cker all day.

Chavez said:
Oh, that just doesn't work...when you have a hill that kicks your ass on a regular basis, and then you start riding up it easily, you don't get bored, you want to ride up and down that f*cker all day.
and faster.

8726.11 + 13.4 = 8739.51 miles

I don't think I'll ever want to ride up and down it more than once in a day. It's about 8% (according to ridewithgps.com) but at least not very long.

Temp was 95 and 115 heat index...drank a big bottle and a half but still lost three pounds. Rehydrating now.

mccornwall said:
I don't think I'll ever want to ride up and down it more than once in a day. It's about 8% (according to ridewithgps.com) but at least not very long.

Oh yes you will, trust me. I have one loop I would hit that has a pretty rough climb on it (grade goes up into the double digits for one stretch); now I've figured out a way to hit the same vertical twice without riding up, turning around, and doing it again.* I don't own that hill yet, but I'm gonna.

8739.51 + 7.74 = 8747.25

* - I realize this might be the most effective way to do it, but it just seems less fun.