Clydesdale Cycling clothing

dmp65

Jun 17, 2014
I'm new to the forum and reentry into cycling. I'm 6'2' 324 lbs. I have been built for comfort not of speed most of my life. My wife who is a small person has inspired me tom get fit. I started a couch to 5k program back early in the year and have completed two 5k's with the third this weekend. I've dropped 24 lbs and have a goal to drop another 100lbs back to school day weight of 225. I did some cycling about 8 years ago and at that time purchased a Fuji Roubaix, and have just started riding again a month ago when I decided to enter a Sprint Triathlon. I am now cycling, swimming, and running twice a week each. Cycling is my favorite of the three. I'm not going to set any land speed records but I will finish. One of the biggest problems I've run into is finding clothing to wear. Obviously not enough of us Clydesdales are active. I was able to get some 4xlt shirts from Casual Male XL. Decent wicking material, but no jerseys.
I can also find shorts, but not made for cycling or running, that will do, and I have some padded cycling shorts that I can wear. Are there any places lurking out there for clothing that I have not been able to unearth?

I was excited to find this Forum for larger at elates.

Oh yeah. My avatar is a pic of my 74 Schwinn. That still rides smooth and is bomb proof.

Have you tried Amazon? They have lots of cycling clothing on there with lots of different distributors. Just try typing in "cycling jersey" and see what comes up.

Just put in the size and what you're looking for...like "cycling jersey"...as long as you know what size you are you can get awesome prices for awesome gear. I'm a pain in the tail to fit and I've found some great items on there at great prices.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_fb_0_18?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cycling%20jersey%204xl&sprefix=cycling+jersey+4xl%2Capparel%2C178&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acycling%20jersey%204xl

Hadn't looked there. Usually don't think of Amazon for clothing, but they had some big Jerseys listed. I'm going to order several different ones.

Thanks so much for the tip!!

NP. Like I said, I'm a real pain to fit as well so I always wind up ordering things. The nice thing about the distributors is that they will have stuff on sale as well.

Even if they only have one color in the size I want left- I would rather have a less "pretty" jersey for $20 than buy one for $70. With all the different options on there... I can almost always find something I like.

I also got my bike rack on there for $20 and it is an awesome bike rack for the price I paid.

Amazon has always been my best bet for everything I need to cycle. I have tried going to traditional sporting goods stores, but find that they never carry things in my size. I also notice that the clothing and accessories made for larger riders are priced higher than traditional sizes. I haven't done an amazon search in a while, but I used to simply search under Plus Size Cycling. Amazon has very competitive pricing and fast shipping as well if you need something right away.