CN best woman trackie

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dan Connelly, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

    Tags:

  2. Steve

    Steve Guest

  3. Tool

    Tool Guest

  4. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Dan Connelly <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/awards02/?id=track_female
    >
    > Okay, who here is the one who voted for Tammy Thomas?

    One interesting thing is that there were so many entries that had no business at all being there. At
    least Tammy is a trackie.

    There were many women track stars missing.

    When you look at the men's listing you see the same uninformed stupidity.

    Obviously you cannot get an accurate picture of track racing by asking people whose only source of
    track information is having read one article one time about track.

    In the future I hope that Jeff first asks for names to put in the survey and then eliminates those
    who have no business there (Lance Armstrong? Has he EVER ridden on a track let alone raced there?)
    before putting out the final survey for votes.

  5. Armstrong

    Armstrong Guest

  6. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

  7. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

    Tom Kunich wrote:there. At least Tammy is a trackie.

    > There were many women track stars missing.

    This means little -- it's a single-vote system, not a ranked one.

    Suppose there was a great pursuiter who demolished the old WR at Worlds in the finals, but was
    nevertheless beaten by an even faster rider. He should get no votes -- anyone who cares about
    pursuit would vote for the second rider. OTOH, a lesser rider whose emphasis is sprint, for example,
    might get votes from people who like sprints. Or facial hair. Or whatever.

    The CN system is designed to pick a winner, nothing else.

  8. Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:

    > > Funny, "she" got two votes in the male category also.
    > >
    > Besides Tammy who made this vote??:
    >
    > 20 Jason Waddell 2 0.4 20 Jimmi Madson 2 0.4 20 Michael Sandstød 2 0.4 20 Mike Tillman 2 0.4 20
    > Tammy Thomas 2 0.4 26 Anthony Peden 1 0.2 26 Anton Quist 1 0.2

    Given the list of 'contenders', why wasn't Gibby nominated/listed?

  9. >Subject: Re: CN best woman trackie From: [email protected] (Tom Kunich)

    >and then eliminates those who have no business there (Lance Armstrong? Has he EVER ridden on a
    >track let alone raced there?) before putting out the final survey for votes.

    I voted for LANCE because I mistakenly thought he could kick Martha's ass in a 6 day........

    Oh and by the way, if you see your mother this weekend, be sure and tell her:
    http://www.monkeyhillcs.com/humour/ronde_champ/

    Thanks! -----Sharon Peters Personal Trainer to the Stars-------- Remove "No Junk" to reply please!!!

  10. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    [email protected] (Sharon Peters) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > >Subject: Re: CN best woman trackie From: [email protected] (Tom Kunich)
    >
    > >and then eliminates those who have no business there (Lance Armstrong? Has he EVER ridden on a
    > >track let alone raced there?) before putting out the final survey for votes.
    >
    > I voted for LANCE because I mistakenly thought he could kick Martha's ass in a 6 day........
    >
    > Oh and by the way, if you see your mother this weekend, be sure and tell her:
    > http://www.monkeyhillcs.com/humour/ronde_champ/

    BTW Andrew, the next time you're planning on being out there to interview at a biotech firm let me
    know. I have friends in most of the firms out here and I can forward them some of your postings.
    That ought to help you.

  11. Jack Pine

    Jack Pine Guest

    >Okay, who here is the one who voted for Tammy Thomas?

    I did.

    Jack

  12. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On 12/30/02 6:23 AM, in article [email protected], "Carl Sundquist"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>> Funny, "she" got two votes in the male category also.
    >>>
    >> Besides Tammy who made this vote??:
    >>
    >> 20 Jason Waddell 2 0.4 20 Jimmi Madson 2 0.4 20 Michael Sandstød 2 0.4 20 Mike Tillman 2 0.4 20
    >> Tammy Thomas 2 0.4 26 Anthony Peden 1 0.2 26 Anton Quist 1 0.2
    >
    > Given the list of 'contenders', why wasn't Gibby nominated/listed?

    Or even "MeatHead"??