CN: Eddy Merckx unwelcome at Worlds - WTF

On Sep 26, 11:12 am, Hobbes@spnb&s.com wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/sep07/sep26news2
>
> Whatever is wrong with these people. Greatest racer of all time unwelcome at a
> bike race.
>
> Shall we simply replace all sports with rollerball under the sanction of these
> freaks. It seems the minimum level of control they will accept.

Some of the people in the pro cycling hierarchy never cease to amaze
me. Role model indeed!

Smokey

On Sep 26, 2:16 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Sep 26, 11:12 am, Hobbes@spnb&s.com wrote:
>
> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/sep07/sep26news2

> > Whatever is wrong with these people. Greatest racer of all time unwelcome at a
> > bike race.

> > Shall we simply replace all sports with rollerball under the sanction of these
> > freaks. It seems the minimum level of control they will accept.

> Some of the people in the pro cycling hierarchy never cease to amaze
> me. Role model indeed!

Eddy has it. They are role models for stupid, crazy people. --D-y

Hobbes@spnb&s.com wrote:

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/sep07/sep26news2
>
> Whatever is wrong with these people. Greatest racer of all time unwelcome at a
> bike race.
>
> Shall we simply replace all sports with rollerball under the sanction of these
> freaks. It seems the minimum level of control they will accept.

The greatest racer of all time? He beat a bunch of factory workers.
Merckx didn't race against top pros like there are today. There were a
couple top guys, but the rest were amateurs by today's standards.

Magilla

On Sep 26, 10:48 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hobbes@spnb&s.com wrote:
>
> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/sep07/sep26news2

> > Whatever is wrong with these people. Greatest racer of all time unwelcome at a
> > bike race.

> > Shall we simply replace all sports with rollerball under the sanction of these
> > freaks. It seems the minimum level of control they will accept.

> The greatest racer of all time? He beat a bunch of factory workers.
> Merckx didn't race against top pros like there are today. There were a
> couple top guys, but the rest were amateurs by today's standards.
>
> Magilla

"He beat a bunch of factory workers"

Yeah, like Felice Gimondi, Roger DeVlaeminck, Freddy Maertens, Ole
Ritter........ I'm sure you could have kicked all their asses.

Smokey

> The greatest racer of all time? He beat a bunch of factory workers.
> Merckx didn't race against top pros like there are today. There were a
> couple top guys, but the rest were amateurs by today's standards.
>
> Magilla

Twit.