CN live, TdF stage 2,

Michael Press

Guest
"We're only missing one rider today - Eduardo Gonzalo
Ramirez of Agritubel abandoned in yesterday's stage
after breaking his collarbone in a shocking accident.
He was riding behind the team cars when the cars
suddenly stopped and he ran into the back of the Caisse
d'Epargne vehicle, shattering the rear window."

Executing a manoeuvre known as `der Jan'.
They're cracking down on riders catching a lift.

--
Michael Press

"Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "We're only missing one rider today - Eduardo Gonzalo
> Ramirez of Agritubel abandoned in yesterday's stage
> after breaking his collarbone in a shocking accident.
> He was riding behind the team cars when the cars
> suddenly stopped and he ran into the back of the Caisse
> d'Epargne vehicle, shattering the rear window."
>
> Executing a manoeuvre known as `der Jan'.
> They're cracking down on riders catching a lift.

Phinney did it too.

On 7/9/07 4:49 PM, in article
[email protected], "Michael Press"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "We're only missing one rider today - Eduardo Gonzalo
> Ramirez of Agritubel abandoned in yesterday's stage
> after breaking his collarbone in a shocking accident.
> He was riding behind the team cars when the cars
> suddenly stopped and he ran into the back of the Caisse
> d'Epargne vehicle, shattering the rear window."
>
> Executing a manoeuvre known as `der Jan'.
> They're cracking down on riders catching a lift.

I seem to remember Davis Phinney doing the same thing, shattering the rear
windo of the ISOGLASS team car in the 1988 Liege-Bastogne-Liege ...

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:C2B83862.5DB4C%[email protected]...
> On 7/9/07 4:49 PM, in article
> [email protected], "Michael Press"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "We're only missing one rider today - Eduardo Gonzalo
>> Ramirez of Agritubel abandoned in yesterday's stage
>> after breaking his collarbone in a shocking accident.
>> He was riding behind the team cars when the cars
>> suddenly stopped and he ran into the back of the Caisse
>> d'Epargne vehicle, shattering the rear window."
>>
>> Executing a manoeuvre known as `der Jan'.
>> They're cracking down on riders catching a lift.

> I seem to remember Davis Phinney doing the same thing, shattering the rear
> windo of the ISOGLASS team car in the 1988 Liege-Bastogne-Liege ...

Steven gets max points for remembering the exact race and year.

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
> I seem to remember Davis Phinney doing the same thing, shattering the rear
> windo of the ISOGLASS team car in the 1988 Liege-Bastogne-Liege ...

ISOGLASS ? The driver must have been a practising ironic.

On Jul 10, 4:00 am, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
> Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
> > I seem to remember Davis Phinney doing the same thing, shattering the rear
> > windo of the ISOGLASS team car in the 1988 Liege-Bastogne-Liege ...

> ISOGLASS ? The driver must have been a practising ironic.

A sado-ironic. Would their product have been best advertised if the
glass didn't break and Phinney had bounced off like a bullet off of
Superman's chest, or if it shattered into a million pieces and he'd
landed in the back seat?