CNN screw up

el Ingles

Oct 3, 2003
CNN in the dog house for translating speech in from Iran and getting the meaning 100% wrong , quoting Iran as saying it wanted nukes when in reality the speech said they didn´t and couldn´t see why any truelly civilised nation would .
Now this isn´t the first time CNN have done this but this is the most blatent to date , since Ted Turner sold out the company has turned CNN international into a propagander tool for thr Bush government , playing up european and world problems and ignoring US short comings and generally presenting the Bush party line to the world .
Now CNN , the US version that is , seems to be really good at covering world events but we get stuck with this gop cr*p , WHY ?

I watch CNN periodically.
The CNN we get here is CNN Europe and I have to say that the coverage is pretty impartial.

I have seen the US version on trips to the USA but not having spent enough time watching CNN over there I couldn't say if it is pro Bush.

In getting the translation wrong - that is inexcusable.
Especially when the subject matter is so serious.

El - do you reckon that they got it wring deliberately?
Or was it just a mistake?

limerickman said:
The CNN we get here is CNN Europe and I have to say that the coverage is pretty impartial.

I have seen the US version on trips to the USA but not having spent enough time watching CNN over there I couldn't say if it is pro Bush.

FOX NEWS is purely liberal. CNN is purely conservative, MSNBC is a little of both in my eyes! But this is what happens when you let abunch of rich pompus buttholes run the media for the U.S.A.

NYYTEX22 said:
FOX NEWS is purely liberal. CNN is purely conservative, MSNBC is a little of both in my eyes! But this is what happens when you let abunch of rich pompus buttholes run the media for the U.S.A.

Are you serious? CNN purely conservative?

NYYTEX22 said:
If fox "news" is regarded as liberal,then we are all in the deep stuff.
Outside the us it's regarded as extreme right -wing i.e. the extremely partisan coverage of both gulf oil wars.
:confused:

limerickman said:

saw the US version of CNN during Katrina and they were asking good questions , then switch to CNN international and the first question was " why hasn´t the UN sent anything " the reply that the UN can´t send stuff anywhere until it has a request / permission from that soverign government and that Bush´s lot hadn´t responded to offers being channeled through the UN was ignored by the interviewer ( it should be mentioned that this same person tried to tell the boss of Nokia how to run his buisness when one time they had poorer than expected , but still good , 3rd quater results )
so .. is CNN international just pro US anti Europe / everybody by intent or incompotence ?