CO2 inflating 20" tires

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Rod Dabe, Jun 11, 2003.

  1. Rod Dabe

    Rod Dabe Guest

    I can't seen to find any guidelines for filling my 20" Kenda Kwests using a CO2 inflator. I need
    80~100 psi. Anyone have any experience as to what size cartridge I need?

    Rod

    Tags:

  2. I don't know where you might find guidelines, but my experience has been that the standard 12 gram
    cartridges will get you where you need to be with about 60 lbs. I have used the 16 gram cartrideges,
    and they will fill your 20" tire to about 80lbs, but these cartridges are expensive. I buy the 12
    gram cartridges in bulk at a store that sells paint-ball and BB guns. You end up paying about 30
    cents per cartridge. Buy them in a bicycle shop and the price goes up to $1+ per cartridge. Good