COAST suspended again

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tony, May 8, 2003.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    from velo-club.net: The UCI let them know by official statement that it has suspended Coast for
    the second time. The Coast saga is thus not finished and one hopes for Jan Ullrich and his
    colleagues that it will finish quickly. Here is the official statement: The UCI notes that the GS
    TEAM Coast still had not made remunerations due to the riders for the month of April, 2003. This
    situation shows unfortunately that the problems of this team remain very serious, in spite of all
    the steps taken by the UCI to protect the interests of the riders. Consequently, in accordance
    with regulations, Team Coast was suspended with immediate effect. They could be reinstated if they
    can make sufficient guarantees in regards to the execution of the obligations for the remainder of
    the season. Team Coast are not authorized, as of this day, to take part in tests of the
    international calendar.

    Tags:

  2. Hawke

    Hawke Guest

    "Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > from velo-club.net: The UCI let them know by official statement that it has suspended Coast for
    > the second time. The Coast saga is thus not finished and one hopes for Jan Ullrich and his
    > colleagues that it will finish quickly. Here is the official statement: The UCI notes that the GS
    > TEAM Coast still had not made remunerations due to the riders for the month of April, 2003. This
    > situation shows unfortunately that the problems of this team remain very serious, in spite of all
    > the steps taken by the UCI to protect the interests of the riders. Consequently, in accordance
    > with regulations, Team Coast was suspended with immediate effect. They could be reinstated if they
    > can make sufficient guarantees in regards to the execution of the obligations for the remainder of
    > the season. Team Coast are not authorized, as of this day, to take part in tests of the
    > international calendar.

    The UCI should be suspended, bunch of self-serving idiots!\

    Hawke

  3. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Hawke wrote:

    > The UCI should be suspended, bunch of self-serving idiots!\

    For looking after the financial interests of their riders? The riders should be focusing on racing
    and training, not hounding their employers for a late paycheque. Someone has to look after the
    riders' best interests and I'm glad that the UCI is taking a proactive approach to leaning on
    deadbeat teams.

  4. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Jason Waddell wrote:
    >> Subject: Re: COAST suspended again From: "Kyle Legate" [email protected] Date: 5/8/03 3:14 PM
    >> Central Daylight Time Message-id: <jUyua.6363$J%[email protected]>
    >>
    >> Hawke wrote:
    >>>
    >>> The UCI should be suspended, bunch of self-serving idiots!\
    >>>
    >> For looking after the financial interests of their riders? The riders should be focusing on
    >> racing and training, not hounding their employers for a late paycheque. Someone has to look after
    >> the riders' best interests and I'm glad that the UCI is taking a proactive approach to leaning on
    >> deadbeat teams.
    >

    > I think Hawke meant the UCI screwed up because they reinstated COAST after the first suspension.

    If the issues arising from their first suspension were resolved, the UCI had no choice but to
    reinstate COAST. Any subsequent issues have to be met with a new suspension. Does the UCI have a
    three strikes policy?

  5. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > from velo-club.net: Here is the official statement: The UCI notes that the GS TEAM Coast still had
    > not made remunerations due to the riders for the month of April, 2003.

    I wonder whether Ullrich got paid. Pevenage seemed surprised about the suspension.

  6. Kongo Bongo

    Kongo Bongo Guest