Coast suspended...

Ronde Chimp

Guest
As per Velonews...

"Despite the insistence of director Juan Fernandez that his team is financially healthy the Union
Cycliste Internationale on Thursday suspended Germany's Team Coast for its failure to provide
necessary financial guarantees.

Fernandez had earlier said that the team is in a good position to retain the services of 1997 Tour
de France winner Jan Ullrich, but the UCI action now puts that contract in doubt. "

Guess Ullrich should have gone with Riss after all...

Thanks, Ronde Chimp

Ronde Chimp <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> As per Velonews...
>
> "Despite the insistence of director Juan Fernandez that his team is financially healthy the Union
> Cycliste Internationale on Thursday suspended Germany's Team Coast for its failure to provide
> necessary financial guarantees.
>
> Fernandez had earlier said that the team is in a good position to retain the services of 1997 Tour
> de France winner Jan Ullrich, but the UCI action now puts that contract in doubt. "
>
> Guess Ullrich should have gone with Riss after all...

Hey, where do I cash in my "Coast is Toast" stock ? ...

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=amit+coast+group:rec.bicycles.racing&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=df5b-
daa0.0301041655.6de2f698%40posting.google.com&rnum=1

> If the Mercury lesson tells you anything, it's that it's not easy for a new organization to lure
> top talent over and make a mark on the World Cups and the Tours and still make payroll. But at
> least Mercury was getting the results until the wheels came off.
>
> Coast are also heavy on the has-beens, older guys at the end of their career, it's almost like a
> masters team. Guys like that are going to be lousy value for the money (it's notable they don't
> have a single neo-pro).
>
> Two years down the road they aren't any closer to getting a ride in the Tour de France.

-Amit