Coastal trip

fleutz

Jun 18, 2007
Has anyone have done a trip to the east coast?(Greenwich CT to be exact) and what would you recommend from Cleveland OH to Greenwich Ct. Good routes, what to bring, and a good brand in bikes would appreciated. Thank you
fleutz

Fleutz,

I am not familiar with a route from CLE to CT., but I bet the guys at Adventure Cycling Association are. Check 'em out online at www.adventurecycling.com - they've got the best maps for major routes, and you can put something together, perhaps, that will adjoin one of theirs.

You'll probably want to trial several bikes prior to buying. I like Surly's Long Haul Trucker, personally, but there are lots of good bikes out there - check out Trek's 520 model, Kona's Sutra model, and others. A good local bike shop will be invaluable in choosing the right ride.

Gear is hugely subjective. Some carry everything AND the kitchen sink, others barely carry anything at all. A good tent, sleeping bag, and sleep pad are good ideas if you intend to camp along the way - but on the other hand, a credit card and c couple of changes of clothes may be all you need if you're going to hotel-hop all the way to Connecticut!

Whatever gear and bike you choose, remember to HAVE FUN. Taking your time and enjoying the trip will ensure that you do this type of thing again, and again, and again...

tg

fleutz said:
Has anyone have done a trip to the east coast?(Greenwich CT to be exact) and what would you recommend from Cleveland OH to Greenwich Ct. Good routes, what to bring, and a good brand in bikes would appreciated. Thank you
fleutz