Coasting on PT

bike boy

Oct 16, 2005
When coasting on my PT pro the watts takes a longish time (30 secs) to read zero.

is this normal? if not does it need resetting etc?

It is new only had it 3 days

bike boy said:
When coasting on my PT pro the watts takes a longish time (30 secs) to read zero.

is this normal? if not does it need resetting etc?

It is new only had it 3 days
check what setting you're on for power display averaging. it's in one of the set-ups - can't recall it offhand.

30 seconds IS an awfully long time though. I have mine set at 3-sec (sample) averaging and it takes only a few seconds to roll down to zero.

rmur

rmur17 said:
check what setting you're on for power display averaging. it's in one of the set-ups - can't recall it offhand.

30 seconds IS an awfully long time though. I have mine set at 3-sec (sample) averaging and it takes only a few seconds to roll down to zero.

rmur
The unit should zero within one or two sample intervals (i.e., 3 seconds on the default 1.2 sec sample rate). Well, that's on my PT SL but I don't think the Pro is *that* different?

F1_Fan said:
The unit should zero within one or two sample intervals (i.e., 3 seconds on the default 1.2 sec sample rate). Well, that's on my PT SL but I don't think the Pro is *that* different?
Yes thanks i had it set on 30 seconds now its on 1 seconds its almost instant :D

Thanks

That seems to have done the trick but the powertap seems to be a reading alot lower than my old polar (about 30 watts) somebody said this may be because the polar does not record zeros and my powertap does record zeros is this true?

Also my friend has an srm and when riding along together his is usually 50 + watts higer than mine (and he is 4 kg lighter) but this is mainly on the flat, on the climbs their is not much in it.

bike boy said:
That seems to have done the trick but the powertap seems to be a reading alot lower than my old polar (about 30 watts) somebody said this may be because the polar does not record zeros and my powertap does record zeros is this true?
Whether or not the unit includes zeroes in the averaging is also an option in the setup menus. I'd suggest taking the instruction manual and going step-by-step through each of the 4 menus just so you'll know what options are available and which choices have been selected on your unit.