COBRA RECUMBENTS

Sbtypesetter

Guest
Anyone here riding one? Would like to hear from some owners.

-Rick

Rick,

I found the following link to a owner of a carbon Cobrabike lowracer.

http://www.recumbents.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22

He seems to like it and the review listed pros and cons, quite refreshing to say the least. I just
don't know how anyone can adjust to a minus 20 degree seat angle, he must have iron neck muscles.

Bud

[email protected] (Sbtypesetter) wrote in message news:<20040109221437.09506.00002768@mb-
m17.aol.com>...
> Anyone here riding one? Would like to hear from some owners.
>
> -Rick

Bud,

Here's a post regarding a first ride on the Cobra at:
http://www.recumbents.com/monkeyisland/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=223 It is the last entry at the bottom of
the thread.

Rich

"B. Wizer" wrote:

> Rick,
>
> I found the following link to a owner of a carbon Cobrabike lowracer.
>
> http://www.recumbents.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22
>
> He seems to like it and the review listed pros and cons, quite refreshing to say the least. I just
> don't know how anyone can adjust to a minus 20 degree seat angle, he must have iron neck muscles.
>
> Bud
>
> [email protected] (Sbtypesetter) wrote in message news:<20040109221437.09506.00002768@mb-
> m17.aol.com>...
> > Anyone here riding one? Would like to hear from some owners.
> >
> > -Rick

I understand Ed already had to do some remedial frame reinforcement. Did Ed ever own a bent he
didn't break?

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> Rich Long wrote:
>
> > Bud,
> >
> > Here's a post regarding a first ride on the Cobra at:
> > http://www.recumbents.com/monkeyisland/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=223 It is the last entry at the bottom
> > of the thread.
> >
> > Rich
>
> Hey Rich,
>
> Don't you think having that Ed Gin guy riding a Cobrabike is a pretty severe test of its
> durability?
>
> Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

Sorry, can't tell how old this thread is as the dating seems to be screwed up. I bought one last year, and love it. Having a bit of trouble trying to identify appropriate accessories to get it fit for use on the mean streets of London (namely a mirror, a seatbag and a flag that will make me visible to taxis/buses/articulated lorries - but will also not impede quick folding for getting on and off my train.

I'm guessing that you are referring to a Cobra made by TW-Bents, and not an Optima Cobra or one of the models formerly made by Cobrabikes. There's too many Cobras out there!

I suggest you peruse Hostelshoppe's website for accessories ideas, whether or not you get stuff from them.
http://www.hostelshoppe.com