COBRA RECUMBENTS

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Sbtypesetter, Jan 11, 2004.

  1. Sbtypesetter

    Sbtypesetter Guest

    Anyone here riding one? Would like to hear from some owners.

    -Rick

    Tags:

  2. B. Wizer

    B. Wizer Guest

    Rick,

    I found the following link to a owner of a carbon Cobrabike lowracer.

    http://www.recumbents.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22

    He seems to like it and the review listed pros and cons, quite refreshing to say the least. I just
    don't know how anyone can adjust to a minus 20 degree seat angle, he must have iron neck muscles.

    Bud

    [email protected] (Sbtypesetter) wrote in message news:<[email protected]
    m17.aol.com>...
    > Anyone here riding one? Would like to hear from some owners.
    >
    > -Rick

  3. Rich Long

    Rich Long Guest

    Bud,

    Here's a post regarding a first ride on the Cobra at:
    http://www.recumbents.com/monkeyisland/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=223 It is the last entry at the bottom of
    the thread.

    Rich

    "B. Wizer" wrote:

    > Rick,
    >
    > I found the following link to a owner of a carbon Cobrabike lowracer.
    >
    > http://www.recumbents.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22
    >
    > He seems to like it and the review listed pros and cons, quite refreshing to say the least. I just
    > don't know how anyone can adjust to a minus 20 degree seat angle, he must have iron neck muscles.
    >
    > Bud
    >
    > [email protected] (Sbtypesetter) wrote in message news:<[email protected]
    > m17.aol.com>...
    > > Anyone here riding one? Would like to hear from some owners.
    > >
    > > -Rick

  4. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Rich Long wrote:

    > Bud,
    >
    > Here's a post regarding a first ride on the Cobra at:
    > http://www.recumbents.com/monkeyisland/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=223 It is the last entry at the bottom
    > of the thread.
    >
    > Rich

    Hey Rich,

    Don't you think having that Ed Gin guy riding a Cobrabike is a pretty severe test of its durability?

    Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

  5. Harv

    Harv Guest

    I understand Ed already had to do some remedial frame reinforcement. Did Ed ever own a bent he
    didn't break?

    "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > Rich Long wrote:
    >
    > > Bud,
    > >
    > > Here's a post regarding a first ride on the Cobra at:
    > > http://www.recumbents.com/monkeyisland/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=223 It is the last entry at the bottom
    > > of the thread.
    > >
    > > Rich
    >
    > Hey Rich,
    >
    > Don't you think having that Ed Gin guy riding a Cobrabike is a pretty severe test of its
    > durability?
    >
    > Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

  6. Vroomfunkel

    Vroomfunkel New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2012
    Sorry, can't tell how old this thread is as the dating seems to be screwed up. I bought one last year, and love it. Having a bit of trouble trying to identify appropriate accessories to get it fit for use on the mean streets of London (namely a mirror, a seatbag and a flag that will make me visible to taxis/buses/articulated lorries - but will also not impede quick folding for getting on and off my train.

  7. blazingpedals

    blazingpedals New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2004
    I'm guessing that you are referring to a Cobra made by TW-Bents, and not an Optima Cobra or one of the models formerly made by Cobrabikes. There's too many Cobras out there!

    [​IMG]
    I suggest you peruse Hostelshoppe's website for accessories ideas, whether or not you get stuff from them.
    http://www.hostelshoppe.com