Cocktail onions

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lsnow1111, Mar 17, 2004.

  1. Lsnow1111

    Lsnow1111 Guest

    Can anyone suggest uses for pickled cocktail onions, other
    than the obvious one? I can't just eat them plain - too
    sour. And I don't like Gibsons. And I can't find any pitted
    olives big enough to stuff them in...

    Tags:

  2. x-no-archive: yes

    >Can anyone suggest uses for pickled cocktail onions, other
    >than the obvious one? I can't just eat them plain - too
    >sour. And I don't like Gibsons. And I can't find any pitted
    >olives big enough to stuff them in...

    Like other kinds of pickles, they are OK as a garnish for
    sharp cheese, meats, that sort of thing. If you are having a
    party, you can make campy little appetizers by putting them
    on skewers with cubes of cheese, ham, sausages.

    Naomi D.

  3. Penmart01

    Penmart01 Guest

    >(LSnow1111) wrote:
    >
    >Can anyone suggest uses for pickled cocktail onions,
    >other than the obvious one? I can't just eat them plain -
    >too sour.

    Other than used as a garnish there isn't too much you can do
    with them except eat them as is... if you don't like them
    give them to someone who does. I enjoy them plain and I'd
    add a bunch to a 3 bean salad... never tried but I bet
    they'd be good in a sardine sammiche. Maybe even chopped and
    folded into a cream cheese/sour cream dip. Do you like
    herring in cream sauce, pickled lox... probably not. So how
    much pickled cocktail onions you talking?

    ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED
    NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be
    devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

  4. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On 17 Mar 2004 00:32:04 GMT, [email protected] (LSnow1111) wrote:

    >Can anyone suggest uses for pickled cocktail onions, other
    >than the obvious one? I can't just eat them plain - too
    >sour. And I don't like Gibsons. And I can't find any pitted
    >olives big enough to stuff them in...

    Add them to a pot of pork and sauerkraut.

    -sw

  5. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    "LSnow1111" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone suggest uses for pickled cocktail onions, other
    > than the obvious one? I can't just eat them plain - too
    > sour. And I don't like Gibsons. And I can't find any
    > pitted olives big enough to stuff them in...

    1 chicken breast per person
    1/2 pt. sour cream 1 bottle cocktail onions Paprika

    Wash and dry chicken breasts. Salt and pepper. Dip in
    sour cream. Place in shallow baking dish. Add paprika.
    Pour over chicken all the onion juice. Bake 30 minutes
    in 350 degree oven. Baste and sprinkle onion over
    chicken. Bake 30 minutes longer. If very large chicken,
    bake an additional 15 minutes. If browns too quickly,
    cover with foil.

    Dimitri

  6. Notbob

    Notbob Guest

  7. Kajikit

    Kajikit Guest

    LSnow1111 saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told us all
    about it on 17 Mar 2004 00:32:04 GMT:

    >Can anyone suggest uses for pickled cocktail onions, other
    >than the obvious one? I can't just eat them plain - too
    >sour. And I don't like Gibsons. And I can't find any pitted
    >olives big enough to stuff them in...

    I chop them up finely and put them into tunafish or chicken
    salad or potato salad, along with finely chopped gherkins,
    capers and fresh herbs. They're nummy!

    ~Karen AKA Kajikit Lover of shiny things...

    Made as of 11 March 2004 - 41 cards, 23 SB pages (plus 2
    small giftbooks), 42 decos, 10FBs

    Visit my webpage: http://www.kajikitscorner.com Allergyfree
    Eating Recipe Swap:
    Aussies Mailing List:

  8. Katra

    Katra Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (LSnow1111) wrote:

    > Can anyone suggest uses for pickled cocktail onions, other
    > than the obvious one? I can't just eat them plain - too
    > sour. And I don't like Gibsons. And I can't find any
    > pitted olives big enough to stuff them in...

    Chop them up into tuna, chicken, or egg salads. :)

    K.

    --
    Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems-