Coconut: Substituting sweetened for UNsweetened ???

Weiler

Guest
Hello. I have a recipe that calls for UNsweetened coconut. I
have sweetened coconut on hand. Anyone have any idea how
much sugar I would need to "delete" from the recipe to make
the equivalent ???

thanks ...Kristina

>Hello. I have a recipe that calls for UNsweetened coconut.
>I have sweetened coconut on hand. Anyone have any idea how
>much sugar I would need to "delete" from the recipe to make
>the equivalent ???
>
>thanks ...Kristina

I'm not sure .. But you would have to account for moisture
content as well, unsweetened coconut is far dryer than
sweetened.

~Kat

www.marchforchoice.org

>[email protected] (Weiler)
>
>Hello. I have a recipe that calls for UNsweetened coconut.
>I have sweetened coconut on hand. Anyone have any idea how
>much sugar I would need to "delete" from the recipe to make
>the equivalent ???
>
>thanks ...Kristina

Here we go again... POST THE RECIPE... without the recipe
all anyone can offer is wild speculation.

---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED
NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be
devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Weiler) wrote:

> Hello. I have a recipe that calls for UNsweetened coconut.
> I have sweetened coconut on hand. Anyone have any idea how
> much sugar I would need to "delete" from the recipe to
> make the equivalent ???

According to
<http://www.practicalpantry.com/staples/page17.html>

"Do not use sweetened and unsweetened coconut
interchangeably. To remove sugar from sweetened coconut,
soak it in a mixture of half milk and half water for an hour
or two in the refrigerator. Drain well and pat dry."

please mail OT responses only