Coed-y-Brenin

Susan Hemmings

Guest
Went to 'Coed-y-Brenin' mountain biking today on the Karrimor route, only got half way round and
came off, required wounds to be super glued together at the local hospital. Oh well may be I'll
complete the other half next time. Some great riding though!

John

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 16:57:58 +0100, "Susan Hemmings" <[email protected]> wrote:

>required wounds to be super glued together at the local hospital

Think yourself lucky: my son had a fall when he was a toddler and they use /stitches/. On his
/head!/ Maybe they had run out of ants :-/

Guy
===

John,

You seem to be posting as Susan Hemmings...

....boy, that must have been some nasty accident!!!!

Pete.

"Susan Hemmings" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Went to 'Coed-y-Brenin' mountain biking today on the Karrimor route, only got half way round and
> came off, required wounds to be super glued
together
> at the local hospital. Oh well may be I'll complete the other half next time. Some great
> riding though!
>
> John

"Peter Connolly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> John,
>
> You seem to be posting as Susan Hemmings...
>
> ....boy, that must have been some nasty accident!!!!

heh-heh...and some impressive superglueing!!!

Love Coed-y-Brennin, Karrimor route. Came off last time there as there are some very unforgiving
sections and I'm ****, hesitate far too much. I was lucky and just ended up with a badly gashed
knee, about half way round, that bled for the rest of the ride and impressed everyone by the time I
got home about 5 hours later ;-). I'm off to Gwywder on Tuesday with my son, see if I can fall off
effectively there..... Glad to see you're still able to type though, Susan ;-) Dave.

My last mountain bike ride was on the Karrimor trail. I crashed on the Redbull section and face
planted, cutting my face which probably needed stitches or glue. I have a scar running from mytop
lip to my nose. Thankfully I missed the rocks that were marking the trail. Later that day I crashed
on the rocky descent near the end.

I took my near miss as a warning and gave up mountain biking to concentrate on road biking.

"Susan Hemmings" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Went to 'Coed-y-Brenin' mountain biking today on the Karrimor route, only got half way round and
> came off, required wounds to be super glued
together
> at the local hospital. Oh well may be I'll complete the other half next time. Some great
> riding though!
>
> John

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 16:57:58 +0100, "Susan Hemmings" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>required wounds to be super glued together at the local hospital
>
> Think yourself lucky: my son had a fall when he was a toddler and they use /stitches/. On his
> /head!/ Maybe they had run out of ants :-/

This reminds me of my very first cycling injury, when I was about 4. I too required stitches to
my head. Not because I fell off, nothing that predictable. I was riding my neighbour's tricycle
and wouldn't get off when he wanted a shot. With us both being only young and not well versed in
the skills of tact, diplomacy or negotiation, he picked up a hammer and whacked me over the head
with it! I didn't so much "get off" at that point, I think it was more of a "collapse in a heap"
type action.

Any stange behaviour since then is purely due to that event (and many other knocks to the head).
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Funnily enough, I still want my own tricyle (http://www.greenspeed.com.au/gtv.htm) but my mummy says
"Get lost, you're 33, buy it yourself!"

Have (lumpy headed) fun!

Graeme

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 21:06:48 -0000, Graeme <[email protected]> wrote:

>Funnily enough, I still want my own tricyle

Oh so do I. Two actually, a Trice and a Windcheetah.

Guy
===

Oops, who am I, yes I'm John. Thank god for that. My wife's account got mixed up with my own. God I
feel stiff and bruised today.

John