Coeliac friendly restuarants?

In article <[email protected]>,
Miche <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, Katra
> <[email protected]> wrote:

<snipped>

> > Sorry, I mis-spoke. I did a serious 'net search and could not find any numbers so classify it as
> > anecdotal. ;-) I won't defend an error...
>
> That's cool, we all make mistakes.

<bows>

> > Suffice it to say that I've hung out on the IBS list for awhile and have seen lots of people
> > that are sensitive to both at the same time...
> >
> > Are they truly associated? Maybe, maybe not, but there seem to be a lot of IBS sufferers who
> > are...
>
> My "IBS" went away when I stopped eating wheat.

So did mine somewhat, along with moderating consumption of the nightshade family... However, I still
suffer when under extreme stress, like right now at work. ;-( I've cut back on consumption of _all_
food for the moment until after March 10th! That's when the inspection is. :p I almost have to
force myself to eat, which is not necessarily a bad thing... I need to lose some weight anyway but
not eating is not the way to do that...

> > > Fair enough.
> > >
> > > Miche (noting that the one person she knows with nightshade allergies is fine with wheat)
> >
> > Might be just coincidental then. ;-)
>
> Might be.

And suffering from more than one food allergy! <G>

> > Food allergies can be _such_ a pain, and take so very long to narrow down! I kept a food log for
> > a year and a half at my dogs suggestion.
> >
> > Life is less painful now.
>
> And that's a good thing. I've found exactly the same, even though I've never kept a food log.
>
> Miche

Keeping a food log tho' is a good thing if you end up suffering from allergies to more than
one class of food. It was the only way I was able to really track them all down, but, that's
just me. ;-)

I'm just glad that my family doc was able to recognize what was going on! The gastroenterologist
wanted to put me on tranquilizers. <sigh>

While stress is a factor, you have to address the whole problem and not just throw drugs at it!

I can't drink coffee either.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katra at centurytel dot net>,,<

Miche <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, Katra
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>, Miche <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> > > I would, but it's not available here.
> > >
> > > Fortunately I have two choices for soy sauce -- San-J tamari and Ceres organic soy sauce.
> > >
> > > Miche
> >
> > Look on line. Trust me, it's worth it! Seriously good stuff, IMHO.
>
> No thanks, I'm happy with what I have.
>
> Miche

That's why I said "IMHO". ;-) Much of usenet is...... just that. <G>

K.

--

"kilikini" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Katra" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:KatraMungBean-
> [email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>, Katra
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> > > Food allergies can be _such_ a pain, and take so very long to narrow down! I kept a food log
> > > for a year and a half at my dogs suggestion.
> > >
> > > Life is less painful now.
> > >
> > > K.
> >
> > Ugh. That should have read "Docs" suggestion! As in Family doctor...
> >
> > Damn keyboard. ;-)
> >
> > --
> > Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...
> >
> > >,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katra at centurytel dot net>,,<
> >
> http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid =katra
>
> Oh, and here I was impressed by your dog.............. kili

<chuckles> I need to proofread better before hitting "post" <G>

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katra at centurytel dot net>,,<

>From: [email protected] (T E)

>The Atkins diet is being served even at the coney island restaurants here in Michigan, I know too
>many business owners who main interest is more profit for them through these fad diets than
>actually being certain their meals follow the guidelines being requested.

Most restaurants are using the same ingredients that they did before, and serving up plates sans the
usual carbs.

Not a big problem to smother meat product with cheese cheese product and color the plate with
steamed quick frozen broccoli and green beans smothered in butter product. Don't forget the spice
products to make it all taste Good.

Ellen

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:55:39 -0600, Katra
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> Not soy but soy sauce -- most soy sauces contain wheat.
>>
>> Miche
>

>Guess I'd not run into that since I use Bragg's. ;-)
>
>But thanks for the warning!

could you describe bragg's a little bit?

your pal, blake

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:58:47 -0600, Katra
<[email protected]> wrote:

>'taters make me sick as a dog, and tomatos don't agree with me much either, but I refuse to give
>those up! I just take Xantac prior to consuming them.
>
>K.
maybe most of you have heard this one, but:

granny's at the table, eating a bowl of clam chowder. 'granny, you know that stuff doesn't agree
with you. you're gonna get sick.'

'maybe so, but damned if i'm gonna let my stomach decide what i eat.'

your pal, blake

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 02:56:31 -0600, Katra
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Food allergies can be _such_ a pain, and take so very long to narrow down! I kept a food log for a
>year and a half at my dogs suggestion.
>
>Life is less painful now.
>
>K.

your dog must be a real whiz.

your pal, spot

In article <[email protected]>,
blake murphy <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:55:39 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> Not soy but soy sauce -- most soy sauces contain wheat.
> >>
> >> Miche
> >

> >Guess I'd not run into that since I use Bragg's. ;-)
> >
> >But thanks for the warning!
>
> could you describe bragg's a little bit?
>
> your pal, blake

Sure thing. ;-)

Bragg's liquid aminos.

A non-fermented soy sauce that just tastes' wunnerful, at least to me. I use it in cooking meat
dishes and sometimes just dribble a few drops on hard boiled eggs. This was a quick search, I think
they actually have a website:

http://www.veganessentials.com/catalog/braggs-liquid-aminos-.htm

I get it at Sun Harvest.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katra at centurytel dot net>,,<

blake murphy <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:58:47 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >'taters make me sick as a dog, and tomatos don't agree with me much either, but I refuse to give
> >those up! I just take Xantac prior to consuming them.
> >
> >K.
> maybe most of you have heard this one, but:
>
> granny's at the table, eating a bowl of clam chowder. 'granny, you know that stuff doesn't agree
> with you. you're gonna get sick.'
>
> 'maybe so, but damned if i'm gonna let my stomach decide what i eat.'
>
> your pal, blake

ROFL! Damn. That describes me to a T sometimes! LOL!

<cough> Sometimes I eat what I know will make me sick just 'cause I want it so bad. I just eat
_very_ small amounts of it and that helps. :)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katra at centurytel dot net>,,<

blake murphy <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 02:56:31 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >Food allergies can be _such_ a pain, and take so very long to narrow down! I kept a food log for
> >a year and a half at my dogs suggestion.
> >
> >Life is less painful now.
> >
> >K.
>
> your dog must be a real whiz.
>
> your pal, spot

Hey. I already spotted it and corrected the post. <grins>

One of my funnier typos no doubt tho. ;-)

K.