Coffee and Arrhythmia

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Chracatoa, May 17, 2004.

  1. Chracatoa

    Chracatoa Guest

    I have been drinking lots of coffee for some years now and
    last week Istarted to have some episodes of arrhythmia...

    Anyway, I don't drink coffee since Saturday. The arrhythmia
    has diminished but it is still there. I went to the doctor
    and he said I had some kind of caffeine intoxication and it
    could take up to 10 days to be better. Have you heard of
    anything like it? I always knew that the moment you stop
    drinking coffee the symptoms would go away...

    Tags:

  2. chracatoa wrote:

    > I have been drinking lots of coffee for some years now and
    > last week Istarted to have some episodes of arrhythmia...
    >
    > Anyway, I don't drink coffee since Saturday. The
    > arrhythmia has diminished but it is still there. I went to
    > the doctor and he said I had some kind of caffeine
    > intoxication and it could take up to 10 days to be better.
    > Have you heard of anything like it?

    No.

    > I always knew that the moment you stop drinking coffee the
    > symptoms would go away...

    Would suggest you ask your doctor to refer you to a
    cardiologist.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

    **
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?L26062048

    What is all this about?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?P28052048

    Is this spam?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  3. John Malins

    John Malins Guest

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > chracatoa wrote:
    > >
    > > I have been drinking lots of coffee for some years now
    > > and last week Istarted to have some episodes of
    > > arrhythmia...
    > >
    > > Anyway, I don't drink coffee since Saturday. The
    > > arrhythmia has diminished but it is still there. I went
    > > to the doctor and he said I had some kind of caffeine
    > > intoxication and it could take up to 10 days to be
    > > better. Have you heard of anything like it?
    >
    > No.
    >
    > > I always knew that the moment you stop drinking coffee
    > > the symptoms would go away...
    >
    > Would suggest you ask your doctor to refer you to a
    > cardiologist. good advice but in the meantime drink
    > cafiene free coffee ,witch in fact
    has only a small % i had the same problem as you and did
    what Dr chung suggested..john.m

    .