Coffee Bottle?

GuyNoir

Jun 22, 2006
I have been looking online for something I can almost swear that I have seen before. A stainless steel thermos for carrying coffee that will fit into a bottle cage. Problem is, when I google for it, I am coming up with several hits for seperate items. But not what I am looking for. The bottle I am looking for should lock into the cage, just as a regular water bottle does.

The idea is to get the good coffee from my house to the office. Saving me from dealing with the office ****, or spending bike/camera funds on Starbucks.

Any ideas (re product names)?

-Scott

I do not know about a thermos per se, but there are several brands that make nice aluminum bottles that would easily substitute for a coffee thermos (I suspect).

Try Sigg and Elite for starters.

Nissan makes good stainless steel vacuum bottles in a wide variety of sizes. They do make ones that can be used as water bottles but I think they are for cold beverages only. Your best bet would be to get one of their regular versions and put it in a messenger bag or something.

GuyNoir said:
I have been looking online for something I can almost swear that I have seen before. A stainless steel thermos for carrying coffee that will fit into a bottle cage. Problem is, when I google for it, I am coming up with several hits for seperate items. But not what I am looking for. The bottle I am looking for should lock into the cage, just as a regular water bottle does.

The idea is to get the good coffee from my house to the office. Saving me from dealing with the office ****, or spending bike/camera funds on Starbucks.

Any ideas (re product names)?

-Scott

I don't think this is what you have in mind and it won't fit into the regular bottle cage, but it certainly has some panache:

http://www.somafab.com/morningrush.html

Is there no water/power/security at your job? It would be only marginally more expensive to buy a coffemaker!

garage sale GT said:
Is there no water/power/security at your job? It would be only marginally more expensive to buy a coffemaker!
Got power. Have water. Have security to the building, but my office door doesn't have a lock on it. And everyone else would be in bothering me for a cup of the good stuff... If they didn't just outright steal it when I am not there.