Coffee drinks...

"Jean B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dee Randall wrote:
>
>> Years ago I had an expresso machine with a steamer, but it went by the
>> wayside somewhere in many moves. Your idea makes sense to me; and as I
>> have on hand from making a Tiramasu a couple of weeks ago a 250g can of
>> "Authentic Italian Espresso Coffee" "Caffe Kimo" "Expresso Napoletano" I
>> am going to make 4 cups of coffee using 12 scoops of coffee (triple what
>> I usually use). I will use some of this for a cuppa now and store the
>> rest in the refrigerator as you suggested; but do you think that I should
>> make a total of 4 cups, or is that too much to store, depending if I have
>> a couple of cups per day.
>> Thanks.
>> Awaiting your answer --
>> smacking lips,
>> Dee

> I brew very strong coffee and store it in a glass bottle in the fridge,
> finishing the last of it ca 3 days later. It keeps perfectly well.

I made 4 cups of coffee (registered on the coffee maker, but it was actually
only 2-1/2 measured cups). I measured & used 12 Tablespoons of espresso.
Sorry to say, we drank it up and there were no left overs. But I will try
for it again in a larger amount for storage.
Thanks again. It was good.
Dee

Dee Randall wrote:

> Years ago I had an expresso machine with a steamer, but it went by

the
> wayside somewhere in many moves. Your idea makes sense to me; and as

I have
> on hand from making a Tiramasu a couple of weeks ago a 250g can of
> "Authentic Italian Espresso Coffee" "Caffe Kimo" "Expresso

Napoletano" I am
> going to make 4 cups of coffee using 12 scoops of coffee (triple what

> usually use). I will use some of this for a cuppa now and store the

rest in
> the refrigerator as you suggested; but do you think that I should

make a
> total of 4 cups, or is that too much to store, depending if I have a

couple
> of cups per day.

Shouldn't be any problem. It sounds like you'd finish the batch in 2-3
days, and the coffee would be fine in that period. I've kept brewed
coffee in the fridge up to 5 days and it's been unspoiled. Over 5 days
would probably make me nervous, tho, even if there's no sign of
spoilage. Three days sounds about right to also ensure that the coffee
stays flavorful.

Mac

"Carol In WI" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've come across recipes to make your own cappacino's, etc, but they taste
> cheap, I'd like to be able to come closer to the stuff you buy in the
> stores. Any suggestions? Thanks, Carol In WI

What are you making them with? If you are a regular drinker, it's worth it,
IMO, to invest in an espresso machine. After that, it's easy. If you like
the flavored drinks get some syrups. Monin and DaVinci are good, not as
sweet as Torani and such. Then it's just a matter of putting together the
right amounts to make the drink you like.

kimberly

Jean B. wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> True, Wayne. Every time I think about someone chopping at a block
>> of ice with an ice pick I think of an early Nichole Kidman film -
>> Dead Calm. Chip at the ice to make lemonade and add something to
>> knock out the madman - Billy Zane. Eeek!
>>
>> I don't frequent those coffee house places but that Starbuck's
>> bottled Frappuchino is pretty good for a quick cold on-the-run
>> coffee thing.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Those are excruciatingly sweet though.

True, and I drink my coffee straight most of the time. I add cream if I
make iced coffee.

Jill

> Jean B. wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> True, Wayne. Every time I think about someone chopping at a block
>>> of ice with an ice pick I think of an early Nichole Kidman film -
>>> Dead Calm. Chip at the ice to make lemonade and add something to
>>> knock out the madman - Billy Zane. Eeek!
>>>
>>> I don't frequent those coffee house places but that Starbuck's
>>> bottled Frappuchino is pretty good for a quick cold on-the-run
>>> coffee thing.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> Those are excruciatingly sweet though.

> True, and I drink my coffee straight most of the time. I add cream if I
> make iced coffee.
>
> Jill

There is truly no accounting for the differences in our taste buds -- I
drink my coffee always with cream, and iced coffee without.
Dee

"Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> I know my grandmother in MS had an ice box before 1910, but I doubt
>>> they chipped away at the block of ice for beverages. It was much
>>> important to keep the cream and milk cool.

>> True, Wayne. Every time I think about someone chopping at a block of ice
>> with an ice pick I think of an early Nichole Kidman film - Dead Calm.
>> Chip
>> at the ice to make lemonade and add something to knock out the madman -
>> Billy Zane. Eeek!
>>
>> I don't frequent those coffee house places but that Starbuck's bottled
>> Frappuchino is pretty good for a quick cold on-the-run coffee thing.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> BJ's has them $1 (maybe $1.50???) off until April 9 with their coupon
> which you can pick up at the door.
> Dee

Ooops! Just found a coupon for Costco in my purse -- $4 off their regular
price, with coupon 3-28 thru 4-3, for Starbuck Frappuccino Mocha or Variety
Pack.

Petey the Wonder Dog replied to me:

>> If you make the espresso
>> first, it will cool significantly while you're making the frothed milk.
>> By comparison, the milk will cool much less, and it takes a very short
>> time to make the espresso in any case.

> Totally a matter of opinion. My Bezerra can froth 16 oz of milk in
> moments.
>
> Espresso takes 30 seconds.
>
> Which one you do first matters not a whit for 99% of the cap lovin' world,
> and I'd bet anything you couldn't tell the diff in a blind test.

Okay. I was mainly responding to your earlier dogma: "A cappuccino is made
by first making espresso. Then adding frothed (steamed) milk. There is NO
other way."

If you now say the two methods are equivalent, I see no reason to belabor
the issue. I'm not persnickety about cappuccino in any case. Hell, I even
like it cold.

Bob

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>If you now say the two methods are equivalent, I see no reason to belabor
>the issue. I'm not persnickety about cappuccino in any case. Hell, I even
>like it cold.

If you ever make it to Gulf Breeze Florida, stop in my shop and I'll make you one.

Petey the Wonder Dog wrote:

>> I'm not persnickety about cappuccino in any case. Hell, I even
>> like it cold.

> If you ever make it to Gulf Breeze Florida, stop in my shop and
> I'll make you one.

NOW you tell me! Just before last Halloween I drove from Stuart, FL, to New
Orleans. I could have USED a cappuccino when I got to Pensacola!

Bob

On Sun, 26 Mar 2005, -L. wrote:

> Carol In WI wrote:
>> I've come across recipes to make your own cappacino's, etc, but they

> taste
>> cheap, I'd like to be able to come closer to the stuff you buy in the

>> stores. Any suggestions? Thanks, Carol In WI

> Buy an espresso/cappuccino machine?

Buy a cheap Gaggia (we got our pair for about $400 dollars, and free
shipping!). it's the artisan variety, which means that ours comes out
better than it has any right to.

BTW, does turkey grow/export coffee? what does it taste like?

Steamed milk is my favorite coffee drink! (if it comes out of the
espresso machine, that means it's still a coffee drink, right?)

Lena

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Miche wrote:

> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> Lena B Katz <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Steamed milk is my favorite coffee drink! (if it comes out of the
>> espresso machine, that means it's still a coffee drink, right?)

> Try a shot of vanilla syrup in your steamed milk. Mmmmm.

or... better yet, vanilla schnapps.

lena