Coffee, with sugar

Not sure if this has already been covered in rbr, but apparently
heather and Stu Fleming's previously posted RBR business
model for Hooters style coffee joints is very successful in Seattle:
<http://www.latimes.com/business/la-na-
sexpresso4feb04,0,4172523.story>

At the Sweet Spot here in Shoreline, the Natte Latte in Port Orchard
and the Bikini Espresso in Renton, not to mention the multi-stand
Cowgirls Espresso, the term "hot coffee" has clearly taken on a
whole new meaning.
Some of the "sexpresso" stands, as they are called, have proved
so popular that neighbors, including adjacent businesses, have
started
to complain. Not that it's done much good.
"Really, there is no ordinance against scantily clad baristas," said
John Urquhart, a spokesman for the Sheriff's Department in King
County,
which includes Seattle and most suburbs. ...

I sort of agree with the high school sophomore guy who works at
Tully's
and thinks it's degrading to women, but I am a PC ***** (I also just
like
any news story where the moral center is provided by a 10th grader).

Relevance to cycling? Dunno, need to have one of the Seattle
crowd tell us which teams go to these espresso stands for their
post-ride coffee and trash talk.

Ben

On Feb 5, 2:29 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Not sure if this has already been covered in rbr, but apparently
> heather and Stu Fleming's previously posted RBR business
> model for Hooters style coffee joints is very successful in Seattle:
> <http://www.latimes.com/business/la-na-
> sexpresso4feb04,0,4172523.story>
>
> At the Sweet Spot here in Shoreline, the Natte Latte in Port Orchard
> and the Bikini Espresso in Renton, not to mention the multi-stand
> Cowgirls Espresso, the term "hot coffee" has clearly taken on a
> whole new meaning.
> Some of the "sexpresso" stands, as they are called, have proved
> so popular that neighbors, including adjacent businesses, have
> started
> to complain. Not that it's done much good.
> "Really, there is no ordinance against scantily clad baristas," said
> John Urquhart, a spokesman for the Sheriff's Department in King
> County,
> which includes Seattle and most suburbs. ...
>
> I sort of agree with the high school sophomore guy who works at
> Tully's
> and thinks it's degrading to women, but I am a PC ***** (I also just
> like
> any news story where the moral center is provided by a 10th grader).
>
> Relevance to cycling? Dunno, need to have one of the Seattle
> crowd tell us which teams go to these espresso stands for their
> post-ride coffee and trash talk.
>
> Ben

dumbass,

Can they serve it "bugno style" ?

On 5 Feb 2007 01:20:17 -0800, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Feb 5, 2:29 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>> Not sure if this has already been covered in rbr, but apparently
>> heather and Stu Fleming's previously posted RBR business
>> model for Hooters style coffee joints is very successful in Seattle:
>> <http://www.latimes.com/business/la-na-
>> sexpresso4feb04,0,4172523.story>
>>
>> At the Sweet Spot here in Shoreline, the Natte Latte in Port Orchard
>> and the Bikini Espresso in Renton, not to mention the multi-stand
>> Cowgirls Espresso, the term "hot coffee" has clearly taken on a
>> whole new meaning.
>> Some of the "sexpresso" stands, as they are called, have proved
>> so popular that neighbors, including adjacent businesses, have
>> started
>> to complain. Not that it's done much good.
>> "Really, there is no ordinance against scantily clad baristas," said
>> John Urquhart, a spokesman for the Sheriff's Department in King
>> County,
>> which includes Seattle and most suburbs. ...
>>
>> I sort of agree with the high school sophomore guy who works at
>> Tully's
>> and thinks it's degrading to women, but I am a PC ***** (I also just
>> like
>> any news story where the moral center is provided by a 10th grader).
>>
>> Relevance to cycling? Dunno, need to have one of the Seattle
>> crowd tell us which teams go to these espresso stands for their
>> post-ride coffee and trash talk.
>>
>> Ben

>dumbass,
>
>Can they serve it "bugno style" ?

Does Fabrizio Mazzolini approve of their pouring technique?

Ron

[email protected] wrote:
> Not sure if this has already been covered in rbr, but apparently
> heather and Stu Fleming's previously posted RBR business
> model for Hooters style coffee joints is very successful in Seattle:

i saw that story (and was a little ****** off, but same-old-same-old
story of my life; full of good ideas that come to nothing for me because
i just "can't care" to do more than daydream about them..)

i have yet to, ahem, patronize any sexpresso place, or i would provide
an rbr report. sorry.
slacking in seattle,

h squared wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> Not sure if this has already been covered in rbr, but apparently
>> heather and Stu Fleming's previously posted RBR business
>> model for Hooters style coffee joints is very successful in Seattle:

> i saw that story (and was a little ****** off, but same-old-same-old
> story of my life; full of good ideas that come to nothing for me because
> i just "can't care" to do more than daydream about them..)

We have prior art. Gay donut stand franchise remains unexploited.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16827665/