Coffin dodger!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Robert McDonald, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. I was almost flattened twice by a truck this morning as I rode to work. The irony of it being a
    coffin manufacturer wasn't lost on me!

    I was going to complain cos I saw it sait Atkins Coffin Manufacturer on the side with a web address
    but Google can't find it and they're not in the glasgow Yellow Pages.

    Ah well, gotta laugh.

    BigRab

    Tags:

  2. Tim S

    Tim S Guest

    "Robert McDonald" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I was almost flattened twice by a truck this morning as I rode to work. The irony of it being a
    > coffin manufacturer wasn't lost on me!
    >
    > I was going to complain cos I saw it sait Atkins Coffin Manufacturer on the side with a web
    > address but Google can't find it and they're not in the glasgow Yellow Pages.
    >
    > Ah well, gotta laugh.
    >
    > BigRab
    Could it be these gents? http://www.jcatkinson.co.uk/index.html JC Atkinson & Son, with an angel of
    the north image (or whatever that 'thing' is called)

    tim S

  3. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Tim S" <[email protected]@zaphod987.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Could it be these gents? http://www.jcatkinson.co.uk/index.html JC Atkinson & Son, with an angel
    > of the north image (or whatever that 'thing' is called)

    What, one wonders, are the 'superior environmental credentials' they claim?

    Holes for the worms to get in to complete the job more quickly??

    I'll get my hat.

  4. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Robert McDonald <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I was almost flattened twice by a truck this morning as I rode to work. The irony of it being a
    > coffin manufacturer wasn't lost on me!
    >
    > I was going to complain cos I saw it sait Atkins Coffin Manufacturer on the side with a web
    > address but Google can't find it and they're not in the glasgow Yellow Pages.
    >
    > Ah well, gotta laugh.

    At least it didn't say McDonald's Coffin Manufacturer on it. That would have been worrying ;-)

    Tony

    --
    http://www.raven-family.com

    "I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them
    their job."

    Samuel Goldwyn

  5. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

    > "Robert McDonald" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I was almost flattened twice by a truck this morning as I rode to work. The irony of it being a
    > > coffin manufacturer wasn't lost on me!
    > >
    > > I was going to complain cos I saw it sait Atkins Coffin Manufacturer on the side with a web
    > > address but Google can't find it and they're not in the glasgow Yellow Pages.
    > >
    > > Ah well, gotta laugh.
    > >
    > > BigRab
    > Could it be these gents? http://www.jcatkinson.co.uk/index.html JC Atkinson & Son, with an angel
    > of the north image (or whatever that 'thing' is called)

    Hmm, I wonder if Anthony Gormley knows they are using an image of his statue to promote
    their company.

    Colin

  6. > > I was almost flattened twice by a truck this morning as I rode to work. The irony of it being a
    > > coffin manufacturer wasn't lost on me! BigRab
    > Could it be these gents? http://www.jcatkinson.co.uk/index.html JC Atkinson & Son, with an angel
    > of the north image (or whatever that 'thing' is called) tim S

    Tim, it *was* them! Well done that man.

    A "Mr Angry" email has just been sent to them ,not that I expect anything by way of a reply but it
    gets me off my soapbox!

    Thanks again Tim.

    BigRab