Cofidis business as usual

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ilan Vardi, Jul 8, 2004.

  1. Ilan Vardi

    Ilan Vardi Guest

    Cofidis is continuing its "kick 'em while they're down" policy they
    initiated with Armstrong. They asked David Millar to show up to their
    head office in Wasquehal the day after the Tour passed, but still within
    easy driving distance to the current Tour stage. The reason was to take
    a meeting in which Millar would be fired, and to make sure that it would be
    done in conditions where Millar could get the full benefit of press
    coverage to comment on his disgraceful exit from the sport. Nice work!

    -ilan

    Tags:

  2. On Thursday 08 July 2004 22:22, Steve McGinty wrote:
    > Who is David Millar?*
    > * copyright Stewart Fleming.

    There Is No David Millar.
    (c) Wachowski bros.

  3. On 8 Jul 2004 12:00:21 -0700, [email protected] (Ilan Vardi) wrote:

    >Cofidis is continuing its "kick 'em while they're down" policy they
    >initiated with Armstrong. They asked David Millar to show up to their
    >head office in Wasquehal the day after the Tour passed, but still within
    >easy driving distance to the current Tour stage.

    Who is David Millar?*

    * copyright Stewart Fleming.

    Regards!
    Stephen

  4. [email protected] (Ilan Vardi) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Cofidis is continuing its "kick 'em while they're down" policy they
    > initiated with Armstrong. They asked David Millar to show up to their
    > head office in Wasquehal the day after the Tour passed, but still within
    > easy driving distance to the current Tour stage. The reason was to take
    > a meeting in which Millar would be fired, and to make sure that it would be
    > done in conditions where Millar could get the full benefit of press
    > coverage to comment on his disgraceful exit from the sport. Nice work!
    >
    > -ilan

    Yeah, well considering they probably are following the race
    personally, this brought them close to the office and was timely.
    David, for his part is about as guilty as anyone of rubbing peoples
    noses in it as he knew they were zero tolerance and doped and lied
    about it, quite possibly implicating two others on his team if the
    tale about two riders getting his leftover is true. He should be back
    in two years, assuming he's got any moxie in him.

  5. [email protected] (Ilan Vardi) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Cofidis is continuing its "kick 'em while they're down" policy they
    > initiated with Armstrong. They asked David Millar to show up to their
    > head office in Wasquehal the day after the Tour passed, but still within
    > easy driving distance to the current Tour stage. The reason was to take
    > a meeting in which Millar would be fired, and to make sure that it would be
    > done in conditions where Millar could get the full benefit of press
    > coverage to comment on his disgraceful exit from the sport. Nice work!
    >
    > -ilan

    Yeah, well considering they probably are following the race
    personally, this brought them close to the office and was timely.
    David, for his part is about as guilty as anyone of rubbing peoples
    noses in it as he knew they were zero tolerance and doped and lied
    about it, quite possibly implicating two others on his team if the
    tale about two riders getting his leftover is true. He should be back
    in two years, assuming he's got any moxie in him.

  6. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > He should be back
    > in two years, assuming he's got any moxie in him.

    I wonder why nobody acknowledges this? We will see what kind of character
    and resiliency he has. I don't expect him to bounce back quite as easily as
    many others have. I am not in the mood to get in to why, but he did betray a
    lot of people. He was a second year pro for Cofidis when the Festina affair
    broke. I will same the rest of my thoughts for another time.

  7. Chris wrote:

    > "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > > He should be back

    >>in two years, assuming he's got any moxie in him.

    > I wonder why nobody acknowledges this? We will see what kind of character
    > and resiliency he has. I don't expect him to bounce back quite as easily as
    > many others have. I am not in the mood to get in to why, but he did betray a
    > lot of people. He was a second year pro for Cofidis when the Festina affair
    > broke. I will same the rest of my thoughts for another time.

    Look at all the former Festina riders in the TdF today. Seems most of
    them bounced back after that shame, in particular Spotty Dick.

    The question really is, is David a playboy or does he have the grit to
    train and work hard during his suspension and come back?