Cofidis

Andre

Guest
Cofidis again chose Sylvain Chavanel as their leader. When he started
cracking, they send Monfort (who I think is the better rider, i.e. La
Vuelta), To pace the French guy to the finish. It would have been
smarter to let Monfort go and challenge for the stage. He may or may
not have won but he would be closer in the overall. Maybe it's because
Cofidis is a French team and they're racing in France. But they tried
the same thing in last year's Vuelta. Time for Monfort to go to
Quickstep and team up with Devolder.

Andre

Andre wrote:
> Cofidis again chose Sylvain Chavanel as their leader. When he started
> cracking, they send Monfort (who I think is the better rider, i.e. La
> Vuelta), To pace the French guy to the finish. It would have been smarter
> to let Monfort go and challenge for the stage. He may or may not have won
> but he would be closer in the overall. Maybe it's because Cofidis is a
> French team and they're racing in France. But they tried the same thing in
> last year's Vuelta. Time for Monfort to go to Quickstep and team up with
> Devolder.

I thought Moncoutie looked pretty good. Considering his breakaway
yesterday and still finishing 16th today, L'Hottelerie must be one of the
better French prospects - I wonder how long he'll stay with Skil-Shimano.