Cohen rides in Central Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom Blum

News Group regular, Carol Cohen, aka CCRIDER, swept into Central Florida accompanied by her husband
Jerry and the coldest weather to date.

After a leisurely 9am start, we rode the Van Fleet Trail this morning.

Ms Cohen was amazed that we have birds and cows along the trail. She was also amazed at the flatness
of the trail. (Since the subject trail is a converted Rail Road bed, going through a swamp, this
shouldn't have been a big surprise.)

After lunch at the nearby Fantasy of Flight attraction (a really nice restaurant for the boonies),
the Cohens departed for points south.

It was nice to put a face with a name from the News Group. I couldn't talk her into staying for the
Moonlight ride on the Withlacoochi Trail tomorrow night.

--
Miles of Smiles,

Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed Machine Clone

www.gate.net/~teblum

News Group regular, Carol Cohen, aka CCRIDER, swept into Central Florida accompanied by her husband
Jerry and the coldest weather to date.

After a leisurely 9am start, we rode the Van Fleet Trail this morning.

Ms Cohen was amazed that we have birds and cows along the trail. She was also amazed at the flatness
of the trail. (Since the subject trail is a converted Rail Road bed, going through a swamp, this
shouldn't have been a big surprise.)

After lunch at the nearby Fantasy of Flight attraction (a really nice restaurant for the boonies),
the Cohens departed for points south.

It was nice to put a face with a name from the News Group. I couldn't talk her into staying for the
Moonlight ride on the Withlacoochi Trail tomorrow night.

--
Miles of Smiles,

Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed Machine Clone

www.gate.net/~teblum

I hope to hook up with Carol on the 'Coochie mid-week. Nothing like skipping a little work.

A little frost on the pumpkin tonight. 32 degrees rox.

OT-I saw a 451 titanium M5 today. Snapped a few pictures.

http://community.webshots.com/user/rodku

Lightest bent I've ever lifted. It's quite a machine. Now where's that next 4K I don't need?

Rod Kuehl RANS V2 Challenge Wizard Riverview, FL

Followup:

I even couldn't talk myself into the moonlight ride on the Withlacoochi Trail. Temperatures were
dropping, It's 4 hours of driving (round trip) for 3 hours of pedaling.

Please remove my name from the macho man mailing lit, as I no longer qualify.

On a brighter note: The Sun is up and I'm out the door for a morning ride.

Jude says "In a way I'm happy that I couldn't be in Fl this week. I want it warm when I go down
there. Its 10 degrees F here and the bay is beginning to freeze."

It may be cold (ie. not swim suit weather) at mid thirties, but it is clear and sunny. Actually, I
looked the temp. up and it's currently mid forties. It was probably high thirties when I left. Not
bad at all.

I've said it before, but give me my sunshine and I'm happy. I can dress for cold.

--
Miles of Smiles,

www.gate.net/~teblum

On the coldest winter afternoons in North Central Florida the temp almost always reaches the high
40s or low 50s and the skies are bright and sunny. Tights and a heavy hooded sweatshirt are enough
to make for a very comfortable mid day ride. South of Orlando the weather is even warmer and more
forgiving.
--
Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Tom Blum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jude says "In a way I'm happy that I couldn't be in Fl this week. I want it warm
when
> I go down there. Its 10 degrees F here and the bay is beginning to freeze."
>
> It may be cold (ie. not swim suit weather) at mid thirties, but it is
clear
> and sunny. Actually, I looked the temp. up and it's currently mid forties. It was probably high
> thirties when I left. Not bad at all.
>
> I've said it before, but give me my sunshine and I'm happy. I can dress
for
> cold.
>
>
> --
> Miles of Smiles,
>
> Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed Machine Clone
>
> www.gate.net/~teblum

I had the pleasure of riding half of the Withlacoochie with Carol today (1-22). She's a hoot. No
pock ya ca accent either!! We started at Floral City and went to the northern trailhead and back.
Weather was outstanding although the westerly wind was a bit of a battle it was a lot of fun. What
great company! As clever in person as she is on the 'net.

The last report was she was going to visit the rustic Cedar Key and head north through some nasty
weather. I took some pix but they are on film. I'll post them later this week.

El Nino is supposedly bringing weather in the teens or so the next 48 hours. Man, I don't own a coat
anymore!!!

Hope you can make it down, Jude.

Rod Kuehl RANS V2 Challenge Wizard Riverview, FL

[email protected] (Rod) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I had the pleasure of riding half of the Withlacoochie with Carol today (1-22).
>
> The last report was she was going to visit the rustic Cedar Key and head north through some nasty
> weather. I took some pix but they are on film. I'll post them later this week.

I'm back, with a bushel of FL oranges & grapefruit and fresh strawberries in between the 2
Toureasys. Ahhh, the land of plenty! And it hit 70 on Rod's day. Biking involved wearing tights and
a jacket most days, no problem to a northerner. I'll post a ride report soon (and pix on a website)
-- gotta go try and defrost my outdoor hot tub pipes now! So you know it is a leetle bit cooler in
Boston than in Alligatorland.

C.C., Rider

Status
Not open for further replies.